[SOLVED] LMMS fails to load any VSTs on Ubuntu

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
RAM: 3 GB
CPU: AMD Ahtlon XII 240 2.8GHz

LMMS version: 0.4.14-rc1
The VST-plugin /media/HD-PZU3/Music stuff/DVS Guitar.dll could not be loaded for some reason.
If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!
I am trying to load the VST using VeSTige but this error keeps coming up no matter what I do; new project, load project, reinstall LMMS, uninstall some useless DAW, move the VST to another folder, copy VST, try out other VSTs and try out some existing help on the forum...

But nothing helps!

Previously it was all fine and joy, but I don't know why it won't today. I am very frustrated as LMMS is my only way to get my job done and that VST is very important for my music... Almost all of my other projects can't work because of this small little matter.

Please, give me some help, I'll provide you all the info you need... Thanks in advance!

Edit: I resorted to downgrade my LMMS to 0.4.10, but still the same result... This is really frustrating!
is the path in Settings pointing to correct folder?
That is about the only thing in lmms that i could think of
Since this is something that has emerged -eg all has been working previously -right?, 'something' must have 'changed' on your system. You need to figure out what that 'something' could be -like New installations?
You are on ubuntu, so vira arent first thought, but i believe there are malicious programs aimed at linux, so you need to considder that also
You also need to figure out if usage of VSTs on your system is blocked on a low level. I have no linux knowlegde, but you need a program other than lmms, that uses VSTs and you need to make that work.

good luck
Well, that is not the help that I wish to get, I need a concrete, better help than just this.

I know something is wrong (or triggered) so that LMMS can't load any VSTs.

I need help really quickly, I have tried to check if anything is blocking me from using the VSTs but there is none, so I have given up on my attempt to find out what is wrong...

Edit: Of course the path in the setting is pointing to the correct folder where i had all the VSTs together...

Edit 2: I don't think that pointing the path to the correct folder has anything to do with loading the VST, previously it was pointing to another folder and I can import the VST from a removable device...
Stick with 0.4.13 32bit and it should work... ;) ?

Is it only that vsti? Does it work in fresh or other projects?
I have tried it on various different versions of stable lmms releases, used tons of other previously working vsts, and I tried it on both new and old project that I have saved...

None of them work, unfortunately...
ATTENTION EVERYONE! I HAVE FOUND THE FIX, AND I HOPE TO SAVE THIS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE JUST IN CASE ANYONE ENCOUNTERS THE SAME PROBLEM!!

Going back to square one first. I am using Linux to run LMMS.
I load VST into VeSTige.
The VSTs are in DLL form.
Those DLLs are built with Windows users in mind.
Those DLLs requires Wine in order to run.
Error pops up when loading the VST because Wine isn't updated!

No matter how many time you refreshes the project,
make new fresh project,
load old project,
try different VST,
put the VST in a different directory or mount,
reinstall LMMS,
try different versions of LMMS OR
try to debug the code yourself...
IT WILL NEVER WORK!

Well, note that I figured this problem out by myself, and I see that there are some unsolved similar problems too, so I wish to share my step on how to fix it, right here!

Step 1: Type "sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa" in the terminal in order to get the latest update for Wine.
Step 2: Then, type "sudo apt-get update" to grab the latest update.
Step 3: Finally, type "sudo apt-get install wine1.5" to install the latest Wine.
Step 4: Now, you can run VST on your LMMS again!

Explanation:
1) Wine isn't configured well.
2) Unable to open Wine no matter what.
3) Wine is outdated.
4) Some configuration problems with Wine.

So, with this solved, I hope that other people who have the same problem as me can fix this problem once and forever, without having to reinstall your OS... As engineer says, if something is wrong, replace the parts, not the whole. I'm glad I didn't gave up on fixing my LMMS's problem yet and able to deliver a working solution for it.

Also, thanks to those who scratched their heads trying to think of a solution to my LMMS's problem, here's a cookie for you:
http://www.rkllp.co.uk/cookie.gif

EDIT:
From now on, I'll dedicate myself on this LMMS forum, especially in the Troubleshoot section. I want to help more people on LMMS to make their user experience better :D
"Have a cookie!"
"404 Not Found"
:( :cry:
Thanks for posting your solution, niko. Unfortunately, it did not work for me (I'm trying to get the sforzando player into LMMS).

I always try to keep in mind, when feeling frustrated with free software, that it is, well, free. It's amazing it works as well as it does, in my opinion. I'm sure I'll solve it eventually. LMMS is very easy to learn, unlike some other free DAW's. Very intuitive, easy to figure out. My problem is not unique; it's hard to get things to work on Linux. It's the fault of the developers of the VST's themselves, not Linux or LMMS. Things will continue to improve, I am sure.
oh this is SO old it is not valid any longer i think
Thank you....

Works for me