Unable to open any files. Please help!!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I can't open any of the songs I've been working on... Hours of work has been lost...
When I try to open a file, I'm given this message:
"Could not open file C:/Users/Luke/lmms/projects/[name of file].mmpz. You probably have no permissions to read this file. Please make sure to have at least read permissions to the file and try again."

I've never had this problem before. Please, if anyone knows anything, any help would be appreciated.
So you're on Windows, which version XP NT, 7,8,10 ?

Don't panic. :)
Gps wrote:So you're on Windows, which version XP NT, 7,8,10 ?

Don't panic. :)
I'm on windows 8
LukeDuke wrote: I'm on windows 8
First of, if you do not have a virus, that has corrupted the files, -nothing is lost-
It sounds to me that you are trying to get access as not-adminitrator on files that has been created with restricted permissions.
The simplest thing here, is to log-in as Administrator, and retry.

Another way this could happen, is that lmms does no longer see the files, becasuse you have changed the installation, and or the path /file-names

which of these sounds most reasonable to you?

Besides that since you are new in our forum;
Welcome LukeDuke ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
musikbear wrote:
LukeDuke wrote: I'm on windows 8
First of, if you do not have a virus, that has corrupted the files, -nothing is lost-
It sounds to me that you are trying to get access as not-adminitrator on files that has been created with restricted permissions.
The simplest thing here, is to log-in as Administrator, and retry.

Another way this could happen, is that lmms does no longer see the files, becasuse you have changed the installation, and or the path /file-names

which of these sounds most reasonable to you?

Besides that since you are new in our forum;
Welcome LukeDuke ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
Nope.. Running as an admin on this account anyway and I don't remember changing the installation or file names. If I did without realising, what can I do?
LukeDuke wrote: I don't remember changing the installation or file names. If I did without realising, what can I do?
first thing
In WINDOWS-file-explorer browse to the project Onion in the Skiesi folder in the Demos shipped with lmms.
Double-click on the project, so it will load
Does that load?
Does it play?
musikbear wrote:
LukeDuke wrote: I don't remember changing the installation or file names. If I did without realising, what can I do?
first thing
In WINDOWS-file-explorer browse to the project Onion in the Skiesi folder in the Demos shipped with lmms.
Double-click on the project, so it will load
Does that load?
Does it play?
Looking in /User/lmms/projects, no such file can be found
I cant check right now because I am on linux but if I am not mistaken the file musicbear mentions is not under projects.

its in a folder called demo's If I am not mistaken.
Gps wrote:I cant check right now because I am on linux but if I am not mistaken the file musicbear mentions is not under projects.

Under /lmms, the only folders are Presets, Projects and Samples.

Also, when I open the projects file (where I kept my projects) it is empty
LukeDuke wrote:
Gps wrote:I cant check right now because I am on linux but if I am not mistaken the file musicbear mentions is not under projects.

Under /lmms, the only folders are Presets, Projects and Samples.

Also, when I open the projects file (where I kept my projects) it is empty
UPDATE: I have found the projects and can open them, but not from LMMS. If I try to open it from LMMS, the folder /projects is still empty.