LMMS freezing, but only when I try accessing my files.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
OKAY SO, the title is a little bit more than what it says.

Whenever I try saving a project under "Save as...", it freezes. Not until it crashes, the page still says it's responsive, but the lag lasts up until 5-20 minutes or so. I can live with it, but its heckin' annoying. It doesn't do that when I just press save; no problem there.

It also does it when I try exporting a WAV file. It'll take ages to open the file thing where you save it to, and then when I try changing it to another area it freezes again.

SO i've kinda come to the conclusion whenever I try accessing my file folders within the LMMS application it freezes a lot and it's just really annoying iwi. it didn't do this with my old laptop, so I'm kind of confused on why it's doing this?

Also sorry if I posted this to the wrong page, I'm new to topic support pages and things like this uwu

in case this is important information to help resolve the issue, I have a windows 10 hp laptop i've had for a few weeks? Ever since I downloaded LMMS it's been like this, so it's nothing new on this laptop iwi
deadinsidechild wrote:OKAY SO, the title is a little bit more than what it says.

Whenever I try saving a project under "Save as...", it freezes. Not until it crashes, the page still says it's responsive, but the lag lasts up until 5-20 minutes or so. I can live with it, but its heckin' annoying. It doesn't do that when I just press save; no problem there.

It also does it when I try exporting a WAV file. It'll take ages to open the file thing where you save it to, and then when I try changing it to another area it freezes again.

SO i've kinda come to the conclusion whenever I try accessing my file folders within the LMMS application it freezes a lot and it's just really annoying iwi. it didn't do this with my old laptop, so I'm kind of confused on why it's doing this?
This is a strange problem.
Okay, first question, what version of Lmms are you using? :geek:
The latest version is Lmms 1.1.3.
deadinsidechild wrote:Also sorry if I posted this to the wrong page, I'm new to topic support pages and things like this uwu

in case this is important information to help resolve the issue, I have a windows 10 hp laptop i've had for a few weeks? Ever since I downloaded LMMS it's been like this, so it's nothing new on this laptop iwi
Don't worry, you posted in the correct section. And thanks for the OS info too.

Also, welcome to the Lmms Forums. :D
deadinsidechild wrote:OKAY SO, the title is a little bit more than what it says.
Whenever I try saving a project under "Save as...", it freezes. Not until it crashes, the page still says it's responsive, but the lag lasts up until 5-20 minutes or so.
Ahh.. That sounds like an indexing isue..
Do you use any indexing software, like Nero-suite
Often CRAP like this is pre-installed on Dell and also other ready-to-go pc's.
I do not know if HP is in the dumbass division, though..

IF it is an indexing issue, you should also have lag if you try to save a jpeg from the net IN THE SAME FOLDER, as you use for your 'save-as' lmms projects
UHOH..!
do you save to an USB with that save-as cmd?
Then that usb would also be indexed

That said, lmms IS kind of slow, when it comes to attach folders, but 20 mins..... Thats ridiculous

Q: How does lmms react if you use the 'save-as-new-version' cmd ?

Besides that since you are new in our forum;
Welcome deadinsidechild! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

.."deadinsidechild" I hope not
brandystarbrite wrote:

This is a strange problem.
Okay, first question, what version of Lmms are you using? :geek:
The latest version is Lmms 1.1.3.

deadinsidechild wrote:Also sorry if I posted this to the wrong page, I'm new to topic support pages and things like this uwu

Don't worry, you posted in the correct section. And thanks for the OS info too.

Also, welcome to the Lmms Forums. :D
i'm using the newest version, i just checked it iwi

and thank you :3c
musikbear wrote:
Whenever I try saving a project under "Save as...", it freezes. Not until it crashes, the page still says it's responsive, but the lag lasts up until 5-20 minutes or so.
Ahh.. That sounds like an indexing isue..
Do you use any indexing software, like Nero-suite
Often CRAP like this is pre-installed on Dell and also other ready-to-go pc's.
I do not know if HP is in the dumbass division, though..

IF it is an indexing issue, you should also have lag if you try to save a jpeg from the net IN THE SAME FOLDER, as you use for your 'save-as' lmms projects
UHOH..!
do you save to an USB with that save-as cmd?
Then that usb would also be indexed

That said, lmms IS kind of slow, when it comes to attach folders, but 20 mins..... Thats ridiculous

Q: How does lmms react if you use the 'save-as-new-version' cmd ?

Besides that since you are new in our forum;
Welcome deadinsidechild! Here are all our important links:
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

.."deadinsidechild" I hope not

I don't think my computer has Nero-suite, i honestly don't know what that is iwi
And no, i download a lot of stuff into the same folders i save stuff to. It's only while within lmms i have that lag.

no, i don't have a USB either, i normally save my projects into a file folder i have within a document tab iwi

A: It saves right and quickly, it shows the little thing in the lower left corner saying it was saved successfully right away

aaa i'll check those links right away iwi thank you

also @ the comment on my username, i'm not, i just used it because it was the first thing that came to mind for an extra username iwi
deadinsidechild wrote: A: It saves right and quickly, it shows the little thing in the lower left corner saying it was saved successfully right away
Ok, then for now, you can use that method, and then rename the project in file-explorer. Its not optimal, i know, but its beats waiting 20 mins for a simple file-OP
There is propl. something we need to look at..
also @ the comment on my username, i'm not
Good :)
i just made an account to say that i have the same problem, i was trying to fix it, but i can't, even i downloaded the beta version of Lmms and nothing. I wasted many hours to nothing...
-Vobers- wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:55 pm
i just made an account
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Vobers!
Here are all important links:
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
i have the same problem
On what OS?

please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
musikbear wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm
-Vobers- wrote:
Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:55 pm
i just made an account
Hi, Welcome to the Forum Vobers!
Here are all important links:
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
i have the same problem
On what OS?

please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-version)
* lmms version
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most important)
I'm on Windows 10, i tried with LMMS 1.1.3 and the Beta version (LMMS 1.2.0-RC7), i'm currently in the Beta version, and none worked.
My computer is an Acer Laptop (64 bits), it has 2GB of RAM (1.72GB available) . i don't know which soundcard is, but i think it is "Realtek High Definition Audio"
-Vobers- wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:28 am
Windows 10,
LMMS 1.1.3 and the Beta version (LMMS 1.2.0-RC7),
Acer Laptop (64 bits), i2GB of RAM (1.72GB available)
"Realtek High Definition Audio"
I am afraid that it could be your RAM. Win10 is a hungry beast, and 1.7 gb is not a lot..
But my first take on this is to not run 1.1.3 on win10!
So you need to de-install!
Backup, and then Follow this guide:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings

After that, DL a new fresh win32 RC7, and install as admin. We choose win32, because that could give us a few kb ram -afaik
Now try and start..

My second take is to Try to disable absolutely everything - even firewall and virus scanner (disconnect net) Go through Running processes, and stop all background processes, that are not System, except LMMS
Maybe you will be able to load LMMS. It was possible to run LMMS with 2 GB ram on xp, and asfaik win7

let us know if you get it to run