bug report for v1.2.0

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Two issues I noticed, after downloading v1.2.0, about 30 minutes ago (Also a good thing to report, in paragraph 4, below):

(1) you might already be aware, v1.2.0 still has the same bug I reported for v1.1.9 --- which is the extreme noise added to playback if you load a Vestige track without loading an instrument into Vestige

(2) When I first load 1.2.0, I get an error message "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1".
If I click "Cancel" or "Try Again" or "Continue" 3 times, the error message goes away and v1.2.0 opens.

It looks very different. Very dark. I don't like it, but maybe I'll get used to it. Due to the error upon opening, I'm not 100% certain that I'm seeing what I'm supposed to be seeing.

Like v1.1.9, it appears to open and handle midi files much better than all previous versions of LMMS. I'm very pleased to see that.

But I still can't (or won't) use it, because I have lots of projects --- and will continue to make more --- which contain Vestige tracks with no instrument plugged into Vestige (they're immediately ready to load any instrument I might desire to plug in, when I open the project or at any given moment while the project is open). It's my style, my way of working with LMMS, and it has worked well for me for 3 years, but I can't do it with v1.2.0, as mentioned in (1) above.

Windows 7
16 GB RAM
sizemore0409 wrote: extreme noise added to playback if you load a Vestige track
yop known, btw, if you just silence the track, the noise is gone
"There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk1\DR1"[/i].
Yop -click 'continue'
The reason is from the compiling system. will be gone in off rel.
It looks very different. Very dark.
Yep, it does, but you can use a different skin/ theme, and have all the brilliant features.
open and handle midi files much better
Just one of ~30 improvements!
will continue to make more --- which contain Vestige tracks with no instrument plugged into Vestige
[/quote]
In one word: Wahrum?!? Why?!? Pourqui?? Hvaffor?? korleks?!
It is ..well excuse me the most absurd usage i have encountered ..and i have seen a few :p
You bloat your project with unused instruments, and for w h a t reason.
That bug has been in lmms for like ..always, but no one has loaded the container and left it empty!
If you have a really good ..or just fairly good explanation, please tell
-But the bug is being squeezed anywhitch :p
musikbear; you said "That bug has been in lmms for like ..always, but no one has loaded the container and left it empty!"

I have never encountered that bug in any version prior to v1.1.9

So, for several years it was perfectly ok to do the way I have been doing. I'm sorry you think it's absurd the way I do things; but I make a lot of really good music, doing things the way I do things. And since the way I do things has given me consistently good results, over several years, that strategy has become habitual, and preferred.

If I have the track loaded with the musical notes, but I have not yet made the permanent decision regarding which instrument will play those musical notes, OR if the preferred musical instrument is one of the MANY instruments which freeze/crash LMMS and/or Vestige when initially loading the project, then the most efficient way to achieve my goal is to save that project with an empty instance of Vestige.
sizemore0409 wrote: then the most efficient way to achieve my goal is to save that project with an empty instance of Vestige.
Oki :p wouldent be for me, but it works for you -Then all you need to do is to mute the empty VST, then you can keep it in, and it wont interfere with your project at all. I found out as i tried to understand the bug, so simply mute the track
and you are in the clear :)

and the issue with the dark theme
Under themes you find two folders default and Classic, just either link to classic in setup, or rename classic to default
Then you have 1.1.3 look and feel, but all RC2.x features
Mind you.. RC2.x is -not- production ready!
But the theme in upcoming 1.2 will be just as easy to swap
ok, thanks!