Major problem with LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi developers,

LMMS worked great last month, but today, it crashed over 10 times trying to load plugins that worked previously. I tried to re-install the program, but to my surprise, I can't! It pops up error right after I click Install, saying some file can't be opened for writing. What could have gone wrong with my computer?
am i right to suspect that you seldom closes your pc, and only 'sleeps' it?
After a while 'garbage' starts to accumulate, and then things like you describe happens.
Shut down completely.
Wait 30 seckd and reboot, let me know the result.
If it still fails
Please post your:
* OS (+service-pack-ver)
* lmms vers
* hardware specification (ram & soundcard is the most imortant)
I remember booting up freshly this morning, but oh well, I will try when I can shut down. Will report back.
Oh cool, that worked! So LMMS works poorly with Sleep huh? Does it only happen if I put computer to sleep with LMMS opened or it will do this even when closed? I ask it because other programs like browser and whatnot seem to still work fine with Sleep mode.
newbie9999 wrote:So LMMS works poorly with Sleep huh?
maby, there has been NO attempt to address that, afaik
newbie9999 wrote: Does it only happen if I put computer to sleep with LMMS opened or it will do this even when closed?
Well, its not provocative to tell you how to use your pc, but in honesty. Unless you have a pc that takes like -forever- to boot, then i recommend that you shut down once a day. at least that will be the 'green' way to do it :P
But super that you got lmms running. Have fun!
musikbear wrote: Well, its not provocative to tell you how to use your pc, but in honesty. Unless you have a pc that takes like -forever- to boot, then i recommend that you shut down once a day. at least that will be the 'green' way to do it :P
But super that you got lmms running. Have fun!
Thanks! About shut down per day though, that may shorten the life of the power supply :/
That's why musicbear told you to wait 30 seconds before you restart the computer again.
Another thing to try is to not shut down but to reboot.

I however shut down my pc everyday when I go to bed.
Hello, just piping up to say that LMMS is still not sleeping properly. When I put the computer to sleep and wake it back up the MIDI keyboard doesn't work. LMMS will say its connected but will not receive any input from the keyboard. Closing the program and re-opening it does not help, only completely rebooting the PC will allow me to use the MIDI keyboard again.

I am currently running LMMS 1.20RC on Windows 10.

Thanks!
kyeosh wrote:I am currently running LMMS 1.20RC on Windows 10.
Have you used any other version of LMMS previous to this one that used to work better with sleep?
kyeosh wrote:only completely rebooting the PC will allow me to use the MIDI keyboard again.
But that to me sounds like it is your MIDI-keyboard, that fails to connect to your pc, when you 'wake' it up, and not a lmms issue at all

...From a completely different point of view, namely my own.. : "It is a really bad habit to sleep any kind of electronic devises, being tv-sets or pc's, or ...
You are actually adding wearing on the circuit boards, and waste LOADS of electricity!

I am currently running LMMS 1.20RC on Windows 10.
Only meant for bug hunt..