[openSuse Leap 42.2] missing VST support

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
69 posts
Hi,
I read this as : It stil does not work. That is frustrating. I hope you will keep us updated, if you make any discoveries, however, it does matters which VST you are trying. Have you tried one of the VSTs that has been tested and is known to work?
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Tested_VSTs
The simplest to test could be MDApiano
Correct. It still doesn't work. I've been testing with a VST that worked on my previous machine. (I just replaced my home computer). Note to make is that the previous computer was running opensuse leap 42.2 but I've upgraded from 42.1. Maybe something has to do with that. I'll will try with a proven to work VST and see what comes from that.

I'll keep goofing around and when I hit a working solution I'll make sure to share it with you guys.

Greets,
Harald
Thanks for goofing. Interesting what might come out of it.

I tried it with the full 42.1 version (instead of only replacing the files you mentioned). I was amazed to see at least the VST plugin show up. But as you mentioned, LMMS freezes when adding any VST. I tried mdaPiano and DSK Saxophone.

Actually it doesn't really freeze, because the CPU keeps working on 50-100%, fluctuating. But there's simply no response from LMMS. Yesterday I waited ~90 minutes for the piano until I turned off the PC. And now the Sax is processing for a quarter hour, and it probably will continue that way.
Nothing happens.

Can you try to activate your contacts, Gps?
I don't have ant special contacts, but will email them.

Its good to hear more people are having an issue with leap 42.2. This might motivate them to fix it.

If the opensuse version is having problems too, we can complain on the opensuse forum too.

Email send to packman.

I will wait a day or two, for now for them to reply. If they don't reply I think, I will complain on the openSUSE forums to see if I can find a contact that does at least respond.

This is getting on my nerves, two weeks without even 1 reply is not how to do things.

Off topic I managed to get Valve and openSUSE to talk about steam license.

I will also open a topic on the opensuse forum, complaining packman does not respond.
Posted on openSUSE forums too.

https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread. ... ost2817757

Here is my post:

Hi guys.

I am a happy opensuse 42.1 user, who uses LMMS to make music.

Through the LMMS forum I learned of at least two people having a problem on leap 42.2 with LMMS (vestige).

Vestige is missing. I suspect a compile problem?

What is vestige?
Its a plugin container to load vst ( windows .dll files) for which It uses wine.

The person having this problem already emailed packman, but still has not gotten any reply after two weeks.

http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8477

Can somebody poke packman so they will at least respond? Or tell me who to contact?

used this email adress: packman(at)inks2linux.de

The LMMS package form openSUSE for 42.2 is having issues too with vestige and loading plugins.
Let's hope someone is going to pick this up.
I've hadn't the time yet to see if I can get it to work or at least get to a solid clue were things are going wrong with Vestige plugin. I hope I get some time this weekend.
Gps wrote: Email send to packman.

I will wait a day or two, for now for them to reply. If they don't reply I think, I will complain on the openSUSE forums to see if I can find a contact that does at least respond.
Great! Thanks for doing this. I would have no idea about how to handle this pacMan situation. Please include me when.. the solution is reached
I got an reply from Packman. :)
This is a bug in the lmms buildsystem. Apparently the change for this bug is not good enough:

https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=997249
So they kinda knew about it, and thought it was fixed.

What I understand from it:
They are confused why leap 42.1 seems to have this same problem, but Vestige is working fine on 42.1.

I wonder if the lmms devs and the opensuse guys need to talk with each other ?

I also wonder if this is merely an opensuse issue. ( looking at this forum, makes me wonder this )

For me as a simple user though, this stuff is above my head. :)
Gps wrote:I got an reply from Packman. :)
This is a bug in the lmms buildsystem. Apparently the change for this bug is not good enough:

https://bugzilla.suse.com/show_bug.cgi?id=997249
So they kinda knew about it, and thought it was fixed.

What I understand from it:
They are confused why leap 42.1 seems to have this same problem, but Vestige is working fine on 42.1.

I wonder if the lmms devs and the opensuse guys need to talk with each other ?

I also wonder if this is merely an opensuse issue. ( looking at this forum, makes me wonder this )

For me as a simple user though, this stuff is above my head. :)
Wow! I just read it. :o
That is quite an interesting read Gps. :D
Gps wrote: For me as a simple user though, this stuff is above my head. :)
I will ping Tresf (our lead) with ref. to this thread
Could you Gps give us a name of the packman you have had contact to?
I believe it would be best if he also is the opensuse guy that Tresf contacts
69 posts