Recording individual MIDI-channels from E-drums HW -MIDI-expert needed!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey guys, nice to be here.
I searched for tutorials but didn't find anything about it.

I'm a working drummer. I've beside my acoustic kit, an electronic (roland v-drums).
I'm using "superior drummer 2" software as vst plugin, and LLMS supports it (Double checked it).
I'm also able to open the plugin and play. So it seems that it's me not doing something right here.

The thing is, I didn't find any method of recording a multi channel from a vst plugin that divided to more than 1 channel at a time.

In the Superior Drummer plugin (I open through vestige) I have something like 7 stereo channels (14 mono channels), and I want to sent them like that to LLMS. I even don't know to what kind of track I should sent them to.
I clicked in the SP multichannel, and it rearrange every channel to be send to different output, but LLMS didn't recognize it. So nothing happen.

I Tried with "MT-PowerDrumKit" - same story.

I'm adding photos for you to see what I've done

If there is anyone who can guide me, it would be great, I kind of clueless here.

Thanks
Ori

Oridoron7 wrote:Hey guys, nice to be here.

Welcome to the forum Oridoron7! Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
"superior drummer 2" software as vst plugin,
didn't find any method of recording a multi channel from a vst plugin that divided to more than 1 channel at a time.
Ooo thats a hard one.
First of:
LMMS does not 'record' as such.
We do not have any sound recording capacity at all!
In LMMS 'record' means capturing midi-events as notes in piano-roll.
In the wiki the difference between 2 methods for that is explained:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Pi ... .26_Record
But i think you are talking about real-recording, and im afraid it is not supported at all.
Did that fit your question?
It's kind of confusing, but I'm also talking about midi events here (As this is how the plugin works).
The only difference here comparing to a regular midi keyboard, is that I want to be able to sent the different channels (from my mixer plugin) to separate tracks, without all being blend to 1 vestige channel.

Is is possible?
Oridoron7 wrote: Is is possible?
I changed the topic a bit. I hope someone who owns midi-peripherals (i dont) knows about how to, -I doubt its possible, though
musikbear wrote:
Oridoron7 wrote: Is is possible?
I changed the topic a bit. I hope someone who owns midi-peripherals (i dont) knows about how to, -I doubt its possible, though
Slipstick might be able to help here. :)
He always seems to have a knack, for solving these midi+keyboard+Lmms problems. :D
On another note, I haven't seen him on the forums, for quite some time now. :P
Thanks! I'll hope he pop out!
Hi Oridoron7,

Since I'm also using a Roland VDrums, could you tell me how you have set it up please?

If I connect the module via MIDI USB, it looks like the notes don't match with the instruments (like when hitting the snare, it plays the splash cymbal).

Also, the VDrums notes don't match with the Session Drummer plugin set either.

What about the latency for the Session Drummer? Have you replaced the audio drivers with the ASIO ones?

Some guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
I gave up LMM
The process was too complicated to figure, as you probably understand now.

I suggest using daw like reaper which does the job better.
Are you planning to load a vst plugin in thr daw?
Oridoron7 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:14 pm
The thing is, I didn't find any method of recording a multi channel from a vst plugin that divided to more than 1 channel at a time.
In the Superior Drummer plugin (I open through vestige) I have something like 7 stereo channels (14 mono channels), and I want to sent them like that to LLMS. I even don't know to what kind of track I should sent them to.
I clicked in the SP multichannel, and it rearrange every channel to be send to different output, but LLMS didn't recognize it. So nothing happen.
Sorry. As you've already figured out you can only record one track at a time for now.

Edit: Right, I seem to have read this a bit too quick. The issue is about sending from one VST to more than one mixer channel. The answer is still the same. Can't do that. I know there are issues in our tracker that touch upon it but I don't think this will be fixed anytime soon.
Oridoron7 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:27 pm
I gave up LMM
The process was too complicated to figure, as you probably understand now.

I suggest using daw like reaper which does the job better.
Are you planning to load a vst plugin in thr daw?
For now I'm thinking of using just the Roland VDrums module. Whenever I try to use Session Drummer in real time in various applications, there is always latency.
I'd use a VST plugin for the drums only if I wanted a different sound than the VDrums module can provide when producing the final version of a track.

I quite like LMMS as it is open source and runs on multiple platforms. It is easy to use, but the midi setup seems to lack of some flexibility or it isn't clear how to operate it in some scenarios.