After MIDI LMMS hookup Casio has no sound

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Dear music lovers,

A while back I connected a CASIO WK-200 through USB MIDI to a PC using Linux, it worked for a few moments in LMMS but then it stopped working with LMMS and when unplugged the keyboard would not produce any sound any more even after attempting to reset it.
Whether you have a precise idea or a hunch as to why this might be the case please respond. Thank you!
Hi HistoricBrass,

Did you check out the midi wiki entry here https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Using_MIDI? It may help to start from the beginning if it has been a while.

Does lmms detect the keyboard at all?
I connected a CASIO WK-200 through USB MIDI to a PC using Linux, it worked for a few moments in LMMS but then it stopped working with LMMS and when unplugged the keyboard would not produce any sound any more even after attempting to reset it.
Im afraid that sounds like your casio blew a fuse, or had some other malfunction. The fact that you cant use the kb unconnected and alone, point in that direction.
Does the kb 'lit-up' (diodes or onof indicator of a kind), or is all 'dead'?

Besides that, since you BOTH
piplupmd wrote:@
HistoricBrass wrote:@
are new here
Welcome to the forum piplupmd & HistoricBrass ! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)
musikbear wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:10 am
Im afraid that sounds like your casio blew a fuse, or had some other malfunction. The fact that you cant use the kb unconnected and alone, point in that direction.
Does the kb 'lit-up' (diodes or onof indicator of a kind), or is all 'dead'?
Thank you @musikbear
The keyboard still lights up and even displays when keys are pressed but there is no sound whatsoever coming from the kb speakers. I remember it working once hooked up to the PC but then after a few minutes being hooked up the kb would make an unpleasant garbled noise through the PC speakers when keys were pressed, so we unhooked it. If it has a blown fuse I have little experience with testing such things but am willing to learn if you have any advice. I'd hate to have to get rid of it when it's something simple. Thank you for your time.
HistoricBrass wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:41 pm
willing to learn if you have any advice. I'd hate to have to get rid of it when it's something simple.
So sorry, i do not. My best idea is to study the manual, and see if there is a technical chart, or maby see if you can find a community or facebook group for that specific synthKB
What became of this? I am now having the same problem with my keyboard.