VST Plugins not working!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey! For some reason my VST plugins are only playing out of the left speaker instead of both. They had started out working like they should, but then the right speaker started having a lot of feedback and distortion and now VSTs won't play at all from the right speaker.

Any solutions or fixes?

Thanks!
Hmm, Do you have enabled "HQ-Mode for Output audio Device" in the Generell settings?

What OS you are using? In Windows i prefer WSDAP as Audio Out Driver, because on other
Settings i experience also Distortion Problems and some strange Noise.
I'm on Windows XP SP3. And I've tried HQ output on and off with still no improvement. I'm using SDL as the sound driver because PortAudio just makes everything sound like crap (feedback, distortion, etc.) I've tried the fix were you type in the driver name under the settings but it still doesn't fix it. Soundfonts and wave files still work as they should (play from both speakers), it's just VSTs that are having issues. I've tried multiple versions of LMMS too, including the latest build and still nothing.
Apart from LMMS: If a cable is not enough connected, e.g: an aux is not pressed far enough into the speakers, that happens. Not likely to be your problem, but you can always check :?
I did, though! I've checked all my speakers and even disconnected them and reconnected them. The VST plugin I'm using is this: http://beatproduction.net/vsts/string-thing-2--2856/

It started off working fine when I first downloaded it. It started having some feedback in the right speaker and now it doesn't even play at all in that speaker. If I load another VST plugin in addition to that one, the new plugin plays, but there is some feedback in the right speaker. If I keep the newly loaded plugin and remove the first one, the new one works just fine. Plays in both speakers and everything.

Haha This is kind of frustrating but hopefully, I'm giving enough information to find a solution so this can be fixed in the next release?
They had started out working like they should, but then the right speaker started having a lot of feedback and distortion and now VSTs won't play at all from the right speaker.
Is this also a problem with Synth1?
Okay! First off,.....

1) Are there any "weird," characters in your settings options? eg. question marks, percentages, asterisks etc.

Why I asked this, is because from what I've learned from the other Lmms users, is that that can sometimes,.....(believe it or not,) having "weird," characters in the settings can cause Lmms to do some pretty "wacky," things.

2) Do you have any of the "Pan," options or the "Pan Speaker options," set too much on the right or to the left?

Why I asked, is because sometimes having the Pan option, more over to the Right, or dialed more over to the Left, could make all sound come out of 1 speaker instead of the other. I hope you understand what I'm saying.
However, most likely you checked for that.

3) Are you using an external USB Sound Card, or the PC's onboard Sound Chip?

PS: Special thanks to musikbear and others, who have helped former newbies such as myself and others, when we had sound problems or other similar wacky problems. And for telling us about weird characters in the settings box, and having the wrong sound driver eg. port audio, can cause bad sounds from Lmms.

Thanks Guy's. You're the Greatest!! :D
Hey!

1. Nope, no weird characters or anything like that. Went through and checked everything.

2. All pan controls are as they should. I've even moved the pan all the way to the right and to the left just to confirm that it's only playing out of the left speaker.

3. I'm using the onboard Realtek HD sound adaptor that came with my computer. And I'm using the SDL sound driver as PortAudio makes everything sound horrible.

Thanks for the questions! Anything else? I'd really like to get back to making music again, and VST plugins are doing better than soundfonts.

Thanks again for the suggestions and help!
No problem dude. :D

1) Did you try the Synth 1 Vst as musikbear suggested?
That may determine what the problem is. Synth 1 is a good way to determine Vst problems.

2) Do you have any other "applications," or programmes running at the same time when you're using Lmms?
Perhaps, it could be a power hungry program, "hogging," valuable CPU power.
Just tried the synth1 VST and it worked fine. So I'm guessing it's just that VST plugin I'm trying to use. :/ Guess I'll have to find another one then.

Thanks everyone for your help!