Volume too Quiet

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
thoyski wrote:No problem, but what do you mean you can't find it?
Diddent you upload it somewhere? Or am i thinking of someone else..... :ugeek:
They were just the links above.
I have dealt with this issue many-a time. I recommend first off saving in 16 bit as opposed to 32 as the bit rate is a scale on which volume level operates. I also save at 96k...now export into audacity, use the amplify tool to amp the volume up to just before clipping, then use the leveler tool. I typically use 75db at moderate to mild just to top it off. Now resave the track from audacity. Since it's at 96k the quality should be fine. Actually, I purposely make the track quitter because when when you save the track over modulated in lmms it actually uses a hard limit on it, and sometimes clips it.
Cool, thanks for the input.
Hello all. Export loudness is directly related to mix quality - the better the mix, the louder you can push the sound.

A few fundamental things to consider:
1) Audio must remain under 0dB. Clipping occurs when audio programs attempt to render above 0dB. It is a hard limit. Most programs do their internal processing in float, which allows for volumes above 0dB inside the program. These qualities do not carry over into your exported song unless you choose a float-based render, like 32bit float WAV in LMMS. (Use 16 integer like suggested above - it is better.)

2) Loudness is a matter of compression and limiting. You can crush the dynamics of virtually any track and brickwall (literally making the waveform look like a wall) with a limiter and have loudness. However, quality will suffer. Think about it this way: if you can't amplify a clean source, the end result won't be clean. This is why proper mixing is so important.

3) Mastering is dead. Mix, mix, mix. Mixing is the process of adjusting your sounds to fix as cleanly together as possible, at a generally normalized audio level. If you can't do a good mix, forget about mastering entirely and immerse yourself in good sound design tutorials and resources. It will make such a huge difference.

Those points of of the way, mastering in today's electronic culture is essentially just making the track as tastefully loud as possible, and anyone can download the plugins (with included presets) for an instant "sound good" solution. Example: FL Studio demo with the plugin Maximus on the preset "Clean Master RMS".

I provide links in my signature to my works to backup what I say, but I've recently taken down most of my SoundCloud so only my WIPs account is available.

Cheers! For faster discussion hit up the Discord invite link in my signature.