LMMS Hangs

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

Issue 1

I've been facing this issue since I installed 'LMMS 0.4.14' over 'LMMS 0.4.13'.

Whenever I use 'reverse sample' option in AudioFileProcessor's settings, LMMS hangs and I have to close and open again to get it working but if I again try to activate that option it freezes again.

The same issue is faced whenever I open the AudioFileProcessor's settings from a track in any project where that 'reverse sample' option is already activate.

Issue 2

It also hangs when I try to open ZynAddSubFx GUI. And keeps unresponsive until i close the application. And this issue is common to both the versions.
no problem on win-xp with either
-what os do you use?
musikbear wrote:no problem on win-xp with either
-what os do you use?
Oops.. I forgot to mention. It's win 7 ultimate 64 bit.
I have the same two problems. I'm on a 64-bit Win 8, using 32-bit LMMS 0.4.14.
winwon wrote:I have the same two problems. I'm on a 64-bit Win 8, using 32-bit LMMS 0.4.14.
Is there some good reason to mix 64-bit and 32-bit?

Anyway, issue 1 is a known bug: https://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/bugs/525/
raekman wrote:
winwon wrote:I have the same two problems. I'm on a 64-bit Win 8, using 32-bit LMMS 0.4.14.
Is there some good reason to mix 64-bit and 32-bit?

Anyway, issue 1 is a known bug: https://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/bugs/525/
I had no or distorted sound on 64-bit.

For me issue 2 pops up when trying to open ZynAddSubFx GUI when it is already set to a preset that either:
- I don't have on my hard drive
- I do have, but is stored in a different location/path than the original project owner's location
If it's set to a preset that I do have, and the preset is stored in the exact location/path as when I first opened the preset, the GUI opens normally.
winwon wrote:
For me issue 2 pops up when trying to open ZynAddSubFx GUI when it is already set to a preset that either:
- I don't have on my hard drive
- I do have, but is stored in a different location/path than the original project owner's location.
For me issue 2 occures in below mentioned cases irrespective of the preset path.
- in a track of a previously saved project i.e. when I open a saved project and try to open gui in that track.
- in a fresh project which has been played in song editr window.

But if I start a new project and try to open that gui window, it opens suddenly, until I play that song.
Once this song is played, this issue starts annoying me.
Hard freeze when trying to access preferences settings in 0.4.14. OS is WinXP 32 bit, SP3.

Software seems to run ok otherwise, but not if trying to change any user prefs. :(

There may be other things that cause it to hang, but I haven't run into them. Being able to access user prefs is important though. Previous versions of LMMS didn't have this problem afaik.

In the task manager, it stays at 25% CPU. (Guessing it's tying up one core, since I have a quad core.) And "program not responding" status under the applications tab. Only way to get out is to force LMMS to close.
Poul, can you tell us at what point exactly this occour - eg submenu/ controller clicked?
I have tried to manipulate every setting in 'Settings', and i have no hangs at all.
some tjeks:
Have you tried on an empty project?
Have you disabled any/all midi devises?
Do you use SDL?
I have loaded Win 32bit V4.15 on 2 laptops and 2 quad cores with plenty of memory, for the most part all XP's , one Windows 7, and they all hang. They typically hang when you try to load the larger demo songs. It will load the song, but not play the song. The rest of the interface works, it's just when you try to play the song, it does nothing. I can see the LED bars blinking indicating the song is palying but nothing else happens. Hope this helps, if you need more detail, please request.

Since then I have reloaded V4.13 and it seems to work on the large songs

Thanks