midi problem 0.4.15 win64

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi
There still seems to be a problem with a midi keyboard recording sound from ZynAddSubfx and several other instrument packs, free pats seems to work ok. The sounds will sound when played from a midi keyboard but will not record.And as stated in previous posts the green bar does not light up indicating there is no input. 0.4.13 did not have this problem.
Hope this will be fixed in the next version.
Regards
Pete
Having same problem, can't record from MIDI to Piano Roll at all. And Soundfont player is not responsive to midi input. This new update ruined enough stuff for me that I'm looking at buying a DAW.

I'm running Windows 7 on a HP laptop with 4G Ram. No external anything. I use LMMS for producing as well as for playing LIVE keys with my Reggae band. Any suggestions on which DAW's would suit my needs? I don't really have the budget to add something like a KORG workstation to my rig, I'd rather use the laptop and just keep buying MIDI keyboards. Need a quick solution though, I HAVE GIGS BOOKED ALREADY and this is a major setback two weeks out...

Protools seems excessive in cost and in size and I don't know that Ableton is going to have all the features I want. LMMS has really been versatile for Gigging and producing, until now...

Somebody, HELP!!!
Oh and I'm terrible at navigating the forums here so if you do have any good suggestions for me, please, send me a message at CollingwoodCollabCreations@gmail.com

I'm having a hard enough time piecing together my PA setup and MIDI interface, so I would REALLY appreciate any suggestions on the software end of this.

Producing and Arranging are easy enough but LIVE GIGGING is a whole other story, and I want it to sound great like my mastered tracks do...
same problem on linux.

My guess: the instruments that made lmms-0.4.14 hang on midi events, now dont hang but simply do not record. (also funcs like arpeggios do not work for them)...

Bugreport: https://sourceforge.net/p/lmms/bugs/546/
cccnycwood wrote:Having same problem, can't record from MIDI to Piano Roll at all. And Soundfont player is not responsive to midi input. This new update ruined enough stuff for me that I'm looking at buying a DAW.
I have confined itself to the older version, which acts as midi. However, the instability of the program grates my nerves and I am starting to think about the commercial DAW.

It would be great if that software updates will become better, not worse
For Windows: Try Reaper or the free version of Presonus Studio 1 (can manage Soundfonts).
Yes, it's unbelievable! an updated non-functional day!!

Too bad because LMMS is a very good software