Looking for sound artist(s)

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Greetings.
For nearly a year now I've been working on a space ship shooter called defender.
It's now at a nearly playable stage and so I thought I might hunt down a few people to write a soundtrack for it.
While I can write my own music I am doing programming and such for the project, and don't have too much time to spare to write music as well.

If you have any music you would like to be added to the game, or want to write some specially for it, then mention it below and I'll take it into consideration.

Style:
Techno/electric
Example that I made

Length:
Maybe a total of 10 2 minute long pieces. They don't all have to be by the same person, or the same length. The ability to loop would be great, but if it doesn't it's not important.

Detail on game project:
Open source, zero gravity space shooter (like descent). Free.
Homepage
There is also a pre-alpha release for those who want to play it.
A few screenshots:
hi i would be interested in creating a track for your game. i would probably do this as a new project, but here are some of my
songs that i have created using mostly LMMS and other open source software ...

http://soundcloud.com/paranoid_arkkanoid
I like your style, just what I was looking for.
My email is sdfgeoff (at) gmail (.dot.) com
Drop me an email and I'll get in contact.
Hi sdfgeoff, just letting you know that im working on this project, it may take some time as im
sure you know, my method of workflow is to work on several audio projects at the same time, switching between them
whenever necessary . Im also doing some robotic type voices that i think would be useful for the Defender project,
i can see you already have some of these voices e.g shields_low.wav.

whenever i have enough done i will create a short demo of my songs in progress and send it to your email, kind of to get
some feedback to find if your happy with the tracks, I also hope some others will see this thread and get in contact
with you, this way you will have more audio to choose from and it will also create a bit of a buzz around your project
i think, which cant be a bad thing ;)
Good, this project won't be over in a hurry, so don't feel rushed at all.
Yeah, voices would be great. Those ones I already have were whipped up in a bit of a hurry.

Sounds good to me.
Sounds/looks cool. I'm likely not responding soon enough to get in on the sound part (based on the Soundcloud offerings, paranoid is obviously a much much better choice anyways). I still might be able to chip in content-wise though on the graphics side. If .obj format models are usable, I may be able to make something in my spare time if I have an idea of what the poly-budget is.

However, I'd suggest some alternative name later in development unless you're on very good terms with Williams/Midway Games or are working with them. Odds are, they still have a trademark on "Defender" in the U.S. Afterall, look at the whole thing going on between Mojang and Bethesda over the "Scrolls" even though Notch didn't have "elder" anywhere in that title. :roll: Yeah, I know it's open and not commercial, but you've still got to watch out for these things.
Thanks.
No, I'm happy to have more sounds, from my point of view, the more I have to chose from, the better!
Yes, models are open to more contributers too, both enemies and maps. .obj is fine. A rough guide for polies is ~300 for a enemy, ~1000 player ship, ~100 prop, <100,000 for a level. (That test level is 18,000, so you can make really huge ones if you want.
Head over to http://www.defender-space.x10.mx/forums and join in the conversation with my other modelers and artists.

There's a lot of talk about this name, and the main player ship.
This game is based on the 1995 parallax and interplay title "Descent" in it's style of gameplay (zero G 6DOF), and also holds onto the main player ship. Although the ship was modeled by me it remains not dissimilar to the original player ship from Descent. The basis behind keeping this ship was to mantain the player base. There is very little demand for a 6DOF space shooter in todays ground-pounder FPS's, and so to make sure that there were going to be people to test and play this game I presented it as a descent "clone", and established interest over in the descent community. This worked rather well, and got me a selection of modelers and testers. So I suppose I could remove it, and they would probably still be help. But it's good to keep ties open with this community.
When I first introduced "Defender" to the internet, the name was solely because I couldn't think of a better one. Back in probably the original thread for this game, someone mentioned this to me. We decided that the trade name Defender was abandoned, and the following comment was posted:
An abandoned trade name is not protected. A trade name that is generic is not protected. A trade name that is used but does not cause confusion or conversion is not an infringement since the similarity of anything called Defender isn't like this product. You're also not making a profit off the trade name and probably own no assets, so suing you will just cause you to file for bankruptcy
However, there is another reason why I want to change it, and that is that there is a virus called "Defender." But then, I still cannot think of a better name, so unless we can come up with a better name, and convince the team members to use it, then it will remain as Defender.
Ok. Cool. At least you're aware then.

As for a name, something like OSCAR could work. (Outer Space Combat And Rescue)... Then again, it might get confused with OsCar - the Open Source Car project. Who knows what else may be using that?

I'll stop by your project sooner or later regarding spaceship models. Figured the topic here for this should go back to game music. But it's interesting enough anyways.
youtube.com/JSIMMSSSS

16 i've made on LMMS. Listen and feel free to use any if you would like.