Some samples not playing in lmms (Ubuntu Precise)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So I've been using lmms for about 4 months now, and recently I've been getting deeper into it (nothing technical just experimentation and exploration with sounds). I've imported about 4 sample packs into lmms: ASAP Rocky Sound Kit, Hip-Hop Strings Pack, Lex Luger Pack, One that I got for free off of a random site simply named Sound Kits, and the TriSamples 808/Trap pack. Most of the samples in each pack work fine (except the "Sound Kits" one, none of those work), but theres a few here and there that won't work. Meaning when I preview them I get no sound, when I move them onto the instrument track no sound, anything I do in lmms they still give off no sound. My dad said it probably required a specific "SoundFont" but I have no idea what that is or where to acquire them. A lot of the sounds are random things such as "LighterFlick1" "WaterDrips" etc.. Some of the samples that won't work don't even show up as an audio file in lmms, whereas in VLC they play and show up fine. If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be especially grateful.

~Cris
The wavefile format has been changed, i know this issue also from windows. The reason for this issue could be that 'todays' wavefile-format is wave2, and that is the format lmms support.
It could be that some of the samples you have, is old enough to be unsupported.
You could try to open them in audacity, and export to wave. Let me know if that hack worked.
Alright so I opened a sample from the ASAP pack in Audacity and exported it as a .wav directly back into my samples folder.
Is there a way to open multiples at once and export them all at the same time? There's upwards towards 200 "broken" samples and that would be hella time consuming.
try audacity forum. there could be some kind of batch cmd from cmd-prompt, but you need to dig there :)
I have used Gnome SoundConverter, for multiple sound files. You can load a whole directory with the sound files to be converted, after setting your options. then convert all of them at once. The default conversion is .ogg, which works great with LMMS.
If you don't have sound converter. With Ubuntu just install with.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install soundconverter 
alrighty thanks guys!