Popcorn cover

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
LOL at first I was like what the f*ck when I first heard it but laughed when the familiar tune came back.... You really kept the style of the song but still I like how the tracks weren't raw and even though the arpeggio was a little weird to add it really did at to it and I'd prefer the song with it instead of without :P Anyways, I really like this song :) Good job, m8!
Ty Tweedie bird.

The hot butter version has this kind of arpeggio too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK3ZP6frAMc

At 1.08.

To all.

Of course I am free to ignore the feedback from musicbear, but I don't want too.

For some part this song confuses the hell out of me but...
I just imported from the midi file the two string parts.

Listened to my song, with the strings from the midi, and it sounds not too bad.
I do notice the midi file using some different notes for those string parts, then I am.

I think my ears are good enough to hear there is something wrong, but are not good enough yet, to find the right key.

Midi file is in B, there is no doubt about that. (Most notes fit in the dorian scale but not all)
The string start at B but other parts also start at D
One of the string parts starts at A.

Mine however are at B and F sharp...

If I play my strings together with the strings of the midi file, some parts sound awful.
So my strings are wrong. out of tune, as musicbear said. :)

So I am gonna change my string parts, so that they will start at the same notes as the midi file.
Some already do.
You might find it's mostly in B minor (so nearer to Aeolian than Dorian). The basic chord/arpeggio is B, D and F#.

But I haven't studied it too much because it's a tune I really hate. A real earworm ;).

Steve
@ slipstick Lmao and ty for those notes.

Funny that you mention D and F#. ;)

I do not doubt you being right about B minor. How I found dorian? I just tried every scale until the scale fitted for 99%

Too all.
I love and hate for somepart this song. The beep beep gets very anoying quite fast, but I love some other parts like the arpeggio, which I made a bit longer, and were I screwed up. Those are also the points musicbear points to at the soundcloud.

Fixed that part, mostly by listening at a much lower speed. And moving some notes of course.

Then the strings nightmare. :P
I changed them so they matched the first note of that part of the midi file, and made sure all notes were in scale.
I listened and got quite irritated.
Why does this still sound so awful ? The first person who claims this is in tune is gonna get hurt.
After a while of getting nowhere, I changed the preset. From zynaddsubfx to the triple ossilator.

Bingo ! And no I do not really understand this. But suddenly my ears stopped protesting.

My ears don't seem too like zynaddsubfx for this song, for at least the string parts. :o
Progress.
I think I have improved it a bit, and my ears don't protest anymore.
Changed a few details, and I am pretty sure it is in tune. (even when its not, this is the first time I like how it sounds)

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/popcorn
Pretty good Gps! You have reached your destination!
Thank you :)
Gps wrote:Thank you :)
Well to be honest, I would rate that chocolate Leche! (9 out of 10)
Nice chocolate Leche :)

Who does not like that rating ?
Chocolate Leche?
Wow! Now that sounds like a good score. :)
Chocolate Leche, with extra sweety Chocolatey goodness.
Wrd.