LMMS speech synth

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I was in my electronic music class, and we were using FL studio and I found the awesome speech synth, and was wondering if LMMS had one too or are there any plugins for LMMS that will add a speech synth similar ot FL studio's.
I've seen some Vocaloid style stuff with Aquestone and UTAU. (The following apps being more inexpensive or free Vocaloid clones.) I'm guessing that's what you're looking for.

Unfortunately I find the English documentation for these apps very lacking, thus for me they're somewhat useless at this point. I managed to get Aquestone to work with LMMS. Currently it only supports a Japanese phenome set - I couldn't get much more than "banana" out of it as far as words that I actually understand in English. (Although if I want my computer to sing an ode to a banana... :lol: ) I figure this is pretty much the case for other languages as well.

For UTAU, I can't find much more than some occasional talk about it and vids on YouTube.

Of course in time we may see translations and phenome sets for non-Japanese languages regarding these apps. But at this moment? Not that I'm aware of. Still, it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on them for new developments that may make them more useful. The concept and execution is there, but there's not much addressing the greater world audience wanting these apps.

The best I can do is take the "wait and see approach".

-----Edit-----
You can scratch Utau off the list as being a plug-in. I found more on it, and it seems to be it's own program which is a midi-tracker of sorts.

As a last resort you can sort of make speech synthesis/dictation like MS-Sam sing, but it's very labor intensive recording and chopping up words and phrases with software like Audacity. And each non-repeated word/syllable would be it's own sample track. Such a process is crazy, but not impossible. (AFAIK)
Thanks for all of that info pauljs75.
You are always so helpful on this forum.

I checked out Aquestone and Aquestone 2 last night.
Wow! Both work well in Lmms 1.1.3. Cool! 8-)
They even ran well on this good ol' Dell PC, I have with less than 1 GB RAM, when I tested them.

The first Aquestone was easy to understand and use.

Aquestone 2, has more options.
But I'm trying to get the voice in Aquestone 2, to sound as good, as the female voice in the first Aquestone.

The only downside (not so much), is that Japanese seems to be the only language it uses, for now.
And these days I'm learning Hindi.
I better try and learn some Japanese, as the days go by. Ha! Ha! Lol!
It seems that both are more CPU friendly as well, and more stable, which is always a good thing.
I have much more experimenting to do.
But so far, it is very nice.
Overall, Aquestone is a pretty neat software.

I've always heard about UTAU, and read up, about it early this year.
But I've never tried it before.
I think I'll check it out this week. :D

And I might even check out this Vocaloid thing, that alot of anime fans love.
I saw one selling at the game store, in that big mall we have down here, for about/over $300 dollars. :mrgreen:

I was also checking out this, on the internet, last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4zq9VFVo0s
It's called Shevannai Voices of the Elves.
http://www.samplelibraries.com/?page_id=1119
This thing has the richest female vocals, I have ever heard in a Vst plugin.
This is Great for Lord of the Rings type music, or Elf type adventure music, movies and games.
But its Price is so expensive!! GASP!! O.O
Makes sense, since you get high quality goodness in this product. :D

Imagine winning a Vocaloid or a Shevannai in an Lmms music competition. 8-)
Now I'm starting to get an idea. 8-)

PS: I know this is an old topic, which I found last night. Ha! Ha! :lol:
That is a darn interesting piece of software
But..

I does not work with lmms :/
..well 'works' but with serious limitations
You can forget all about any of the dials. It makes no sense at all to use any.
Aquestone 2 fail the vst-sanity-test-pkt2

https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... d_problems

But that will not render the software useless, you just have to do, with the default settings!
All is not bad news. I figured out how to make it 'sing' anything
You need to make a file like this:

Code: Select all

ilouveyosomadlyi
you you
so so
madly madly
lie lies
girl girlii
true truth
miss misses
lost losses
Save that as a simple txt file and then drag it into Aquestone's 'Lyrics' panel

with next and before, you can then 'scroll' through the words.

So actually, a singerbot and a wavefile, may be a simpler 'solution', but dont loose time using the dials, that will fail :/

--------------
Hæa... theres a hack :P
In this special vst, you can hack the lacking dial controls. You can use one automation track, for each of the dials :p
Now the actual setting wont be in the vst, instead it will be in the project-song-editor, and in taht way be 'baked' in to the vst - naughty naughty :D
:evil: ..This could actually be used ..always (no fitting smiley here..)
sorry guys, i just blew my mind, cause that brainfix ..kind of change some things.. Perhaps ..even a release date :D (No it wont because i will NEVEREVER be able to 'sell' this as a 'solution', and rightfully so :) ..but, that should not stop you using it :D
--------
and the MTTC :) https://youtu.be/ZsgA04tfiwc
Wow!
Thanks for all of that info musikbear.
That is a darn interesting piece of software
Yep.
I figured out how to make it 'sing' anything
You need to make a file like this:

Code: Select all

ilouveyosomadlyi
you you
so so
madly madly
lie lies
girl girlii
true truth
miss misses
lost losses
Save that as a simple txt file and then drag it into Aquestone's 'Lyrics' panel

with next and before, you can then 'scroll' through the words.

So actually, a singerbot and a wavefile, may be a simpler 'solution', but dont loose time using the dials, that will fail :/
I was on the internet for a while last night trying to understand/learn, how to make lyrics for Aquestone. :D
Interesting.
So all I have to do, is just make a text file and drag it into the lyrics panel? Cool! 8-)
Thank you for re-confirming that info.

One tut I read: http://www.vocaloidotaku.net/index.php? ... aquestone/
said, that you have to make the lyrics as one word.
Like your eg. ilouveyosomadlyi

But, I noticed that you have girl girli and a few others seperated.

You know what, I'm going to try this out tonight, and see this for myself. Ha! Ha!

[/quote]
Wow! I checked out that tutorial video you made using Aquestone. Cool!
That was a very informative tutorial to look at.
Hæa... theres a hack :P
In this special vst, you can hack the lacking dial controls. You can use one automation track, for each of the dials :p
Now the actual setting wont be in the vst, instead it will be in the project-song-editor, and in taht way be 'baked' in to the vst - naughty naughty :D
:evil: ..This could actually be used ..always (no fitting smiley here..)
sorry guys, i just blew my mind, cause that brainfix ..kind of change some things.. Perhaps ..even a release date :D (No it wont because i will NEVEREVER be able to 'sell' this as a 'solution', and rightfully so :) ..but, that should not stop you using it :D
So you can use that automation as a hack, to keep previous dial settings? Wow! Now that is a great find.
I also saw that eg. in your vid. 8-)
I'm gonna try that out too. :D

Oh,....don't forget to put that vid tutorial, in your tutorials, posted in the Tutorials Section of the forum.
So everyone could see it. :D

Great find musikbear! 8-)
Very interesting. I think I am gonna give it a try too.
I like that hack, that will fix one or two irritations I've had with otherwise useful VSTs.

First class mind-jump musikbear...I've used automation tracks to change buttons, who hasn't. I could have realised that it was just as possible to use automation to SAVE the values but it was you who got there. Brilliant!

Steve
Thanks all :)
...i wonder if all that nose blowing can lead to mind-blowing results .. juuuuust wonder (sorry:)