feedback needed

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
111 posts
Gps wrote:Cool, so nothing wrong in that pic ?

Brandystarbrite was talking about it not being in sync. I can hear what she is saying, but not sure if I am doing something wrong.

Both arpeggios, one is the triple oscillator and the other one synth 1 are synced to 1/16.

latest version: https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/tracks
If the arpeggios are close to the same sound you will need them out of sync a little, so they will not blend together and become one sound. But I don't know if that's the sound your looking for.
Thank you.
I had at first made a mistake. That second row of notes, was not in between the chords above it.
I also at first had them an octave lower, right now I am happy how it sounds, although I do agree it does not sound 100% in sync.
The problem is

you can see you use notes that are not in your cMaj scale

I used this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlWdTLfc80k
To locate the bumnotes
Yep, they're the notes for a C7 chord and that B flat doesn't play well in the key of C major. Effectively you've dropped into the key of F major there :).

Steve
slipstick wrote:Effectively you've dropped into the key of F major there :).

Steve
See thats something i dont know about - nice to know. I dont have that theoretical background, that would sure be nice to have.

But one more thing
if we look at the pads, and let MMM stand for Major mmm for minor

Then if the pads goes
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMMMMmmMMMMMMM

Then you will have dis-harmonics, if your lead or accompaniment goes
mmm mm mm MMM MM MMMM MMM mm mmmm

eg
MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmMMMMmmmmMMMMMMMMmmMMMMMMM
mmm mm mm MMM MM MMMM MMM mm mmmm

see how the two crash?

and thats the other problem in the track.
Its actually only a few places, and it is not hard to fix, but dont think giving you the fixed file now, would help at all.
Give it a couple of hours before you download it :)
https://lmms.io/lsp/download_file.php?f ... OeasyQ.mmp
(i have not fixed the muted instruments, and my 'fix' is done in the lead, that MESS with your melody!! -So perhaps the better thing is to PRESERVE the melody, and fix in the PADS!!
Your choice
Thank you guys.

I still have to look at that mayor minor part.

That other problem should be fixed already, but I am gonna check it anyway to make sure.

Detuned ghost and zyn7 now start at C like the other tracks.

Its something I need to pay more attention too.
I had started with all tracks at c mayor, but then started changing stuff.

I agree that its better, I fix this myself.

Second part of the track is in F mayor, and that is were the problem has started probably.

Maybe I did not change the mark current scale ?

Its the first thing, that I am gonna do right now. Check the scale to see if first part is in C mayor, and second part is in F major.
I now suddenly remember, that I copied the bassline from one part into the other part, without paying attention to C or F mayor. Oops

Then I am gonna copy paste, tracks over each other again, to see if I am consequent.
I had already found a mistake last nite. I had changed one chord, because I did not like how it sounded as chord progression.
But I did not change this is all tracks.

Me puts on dumb hat, and goes to stand in a corner for 10 min. :P
Just a quick update. After checking the scales, I did find mistakes in the second part. Four notes in every peace were not in F mayor.
Now checking the MMMmmmMMM part.

Edit: Making progress found another oops. At the spot were the arpeggio starts....
uhoh my 'MMMMMmmmmMMM' nonsens is just random letters, it has nothing to do with the scructure in your project -just wanted set set that strait :p
More good news.
I think I found the problem, why our friend, brandystarbrite was not happy with the arpeggio.

Besides the mistakes already pointed out, there was another.

Most pieces are 12 bars long.
The start of the arpeggio, is only 6 bars. (but starts halfway an 12bar piece)

I had copied the start of an 12 bar track into that 6 bar part, instead of what I should have done, copy the last 6 bars into that piece.
That's why my ears were not happy, which I tried to solve by having it fade in.

About the copy, both tracks are not the same, but the notes used should be, at least at the start of a 1,2,3,4.

Now its time to see how music bear fixed the file.

And I think I am gonna delete the two fade ins.
Latest version, I am happy with it, but still like to get feedback.
Especially about the aaahhhaaa at 3.10 (and other spots)

https://soundcloud.com/user586365033/happyness

And wow that was fast already one like on streamcloud. :o
The ink is not even dry yet.
111 posts