What genre could you call this? -- Also, Opinions ?

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
https://soundcloud.com/estinyoon/portals-destinymoonx
or
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgmZIqi ... e=youtu.be

Portals

It took me a good amount of time to make the song and I really don't know what genre it is to be honest
Wow!
This is one unusual sounding music track.
And that is one unusual start up.
It sounds like someone humming.
The Humming gives a Soulish vibe to this music track.

I think this music sounds like Chiptune.

But I would say a more upgraded Anime ish, yet soulish version of Chiptune.
It definitely has a serious Anime vibe and soul to it too.
And would sound good for an Anime video game.
The music even suits the pic, of the Anime kids, on the right of your soundcloud page.

Believe me when I say, I really had no idea what to expect, when I clicked on your links.
But I really enjoyed listening to it. :)
Nice music track.
Very catchy. :D

Also, some advice: Try not to make any loud sounds, go in the red zone of the mixer etc. Otherwise clipping will happen and the sound will sound a bit ramfled, distorted and a bit fuzzed out. 8-)

PS: I started becoming a fan of Chiptune, when an Lmms user called Zethgamer, made some Cool Chiptune tracks.
I must say, Chiptune is a really unusual sounding type of music. Ha! Ha! 8-)
I've never listened to Chiptune before, might have to change that ahahaha

Seriously though, Thanks
I feel like i've put all of my emotions into this track because i felt pretty empty after it was done XD

About Clipping(not in this track's case), changing the tempo seems to fix it slightly but, it still doesn't go away even when i lower the volume of the mixer, do you know how to get rid of it completely??

Thanks again for actually taking the time to reply :)

Edit: Did Zethgamer stop making tracks? His last work was 2 years ago apparently
Well now you're thinking with portals!

It's as chiptune as it will ever be!
DestinyMoonX wrote:I've never listened to Chiptune before, might have to change that ahahaha

Seriously though, Thanks
I feel like i've put all of my emotions into this track because i felt pretty empty after it was done XD
Nice. 8-)
Empty? Ha! Ha! Probably because, you put alot of heart and soul into that Portals music track. :)
About Clipping(not in this track's case), changing the tempo seems to fix it slightly but, it still doesn't go away even when i lower the volume of the mixer, do you know how to get rid of it completely??
Well, from what I know, alot of musicians put a limiter on the master channel of the FX mixer, or on the
instrument plugin itself
But sometimes, adding a limiter to the Master FX mixer, or to the instrument plugin itself, can help solve the clipping problem, but also cause the music/sounds, to sound either, good, good enough, different, dullish or make the track soundtrack sound dully down right boring.
This is where experimenting comes to play. And Lmms has many Limiters.
Maybe a Compresser might do the trick in this case.
Thanks again for actually taking the time to reply :)
No probs. 8-)
Edit: Did Zethgamer stop making tracks? His last work was 2 years ago apparently
I've been asking myself that same question for a while now.
I've seen some listeners of his, asking that same question too.
But strangely, I can't seem to find the posts.
Oh well, hopefully he makes some more cool Chiptuney music again soon. 8-)