Copy a music track from one project and paste into another

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
hi

is there a way to copy a single track (with all the notes, etc) from one project and transfer into a different project? I have one music track which i quite like, but I want to put it into a different song. Can this be done? Would be easier than redoing all the work again. I was able to export it as a odd file, but that just got me a sample, not the actual notes laid out in the exact order.
Hi Niall.
Next time post questions like this in the "Generals Chat Section," of the Forum. ;)
viewforum.php?f=4

This is the Music Projects section, where people post, their sound tracks.
Ha! Ha!

I'll be back. 8-)

By: Moderator Starbrite
(On Windows) there's nothing stopping you from having two copies of LMMS open, copying all the notes from a track's piano roll in one project and simply pasting them into an instrument track piano roll in a different project. You'll have to sort out the instrument itself separately but you can preserve all the notes. Unfortunately if the track is broken up into lots of fragments I think you'll have to copy each fragment separately.

There may well be a more elegant way of doing it (I'm no LMMS expert) but that crude version works for me. Ideally I'd export the track as a MIDI file but that's one thing that LMMS doesn't do directly. There are ways of doing it using 3rd party software like MidiYoke or MidiOx but that gets more complicated than I've ever needed.

Steve