Out There

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Gps wrote:Original it was mend to be house, but as you can hear it ended up totally not house.
Wow!
This was meant to be a house track?
I wonder how would have sounded, if it was one?
Hmmm...........;)
Gps wrote:but as you can hear it ended up totally not house.
Yep. It's really an unusual track.
It sounds good as an OST, for Bowsers castle in the Mario Bros games. :D
Especially Mario Kart 8. 8-)
I need to learn more about why disco is disco, trance is trance and house is house. (and so on)

I suspect that is I put a different beat under it, suited for trance or house it will be more trance or house like.

That's why for the project, I am working on now, I first have looked up some basics.
I had to google Browsers castle, and never played mario kart.

I am a gamer, but mario kart is not my type of game.
I am into racing / rally games, were you need to set up the car, first person (sci fi horror ) shooter games.
Latest game I played was Alien isolation.
If you're a fan of the Alien movie like me, this game is a must play. ;)
Gps wrote:I need to learn more about why disco is disco, trance is trance and house is house. (and so on)
House usually has a pluck at a low pitch. But it honestly depends.
Yep, that makes it even harder for me to grasp though. But if I want to make house I need to stick to at least some rules.
How's your track going? :)
Fighting my pc right now.

Problems starting Linux desktop on newest version of openSUSE, leap. :( And on windows 7. I am fighting windows update, to prevent it from updating to win 10. :x

For now on windows 7 it seems I won. Changed a register entry, system os update disable.

Tomorrow trying a few hints about the Linux problems, Linux the kernel, is working fine, but there is no desktop.

I see the login screen, I login (only type password)

And within 2 seconds, I am back at the login screen.

When I switch to the command line, I can log in, that at least rules out, I am making typo's, or messed up with the password.

One suspects, nvidia Linux driver related issues.

The opensuse forum is helping me. Told me a few thing to try and type.

First step will be, to find exactly what vid drivers, are installed.

Did I tell you guys about my love / hate relation with computers?
The nerd part of me is interested in why and how its failing.
The user in me, just wants its to bloody work.

I will stop before I start an anti micro$oft rant, about them trying to force win 10 on me.

The install of latest openSUSE version leap, (I did not come up with that name :P )
Although failing for some part, that update is at least voluntary.....
The version I was using, is still supported. (still gets updates)
Gps wrote:Fighting my pc right now.

Problems starting Linux desktop on newest version of openSUSE, leap. :( And on windows 7. I am fighting windows update, to prevent it from updating to win 10. :x

For now on windows 7 it seems I won. Changed a register entry, system os update disable)
Wooah!
I didn't know that Microsoft made an update that updates Win 7 to Win 10. O_O
Wow!
I guess I'll have to read up on this.

If that Win update is manditory, then that's lame. :P
Personally, I find that Win 7 is a really nice OS.

I hope you solve that Linux problem.
I have no knowledge of Linux at all. :|
And I am back on Linux. My specific graphics card has issues with Linux (to keep it simple)

I fixed this by installing the nvidia drivers for Linux.

When you install Linux you probably get the opensource video drivers, which are made by Linux people, and not by nvidia or amd.
In most cases they do work, but not always, and I was unlucky to stumble on one of these cases.

I could explain this in more detail, but I do not think anybody on this forum cares about these details.
All Linux users already know this stuff, and to windows users is prob only confusing.

The good news for me, for now I have won the battle and can still boot windows 7.
Mu main os is however Linux, openSUSE LEAP.

This is how my desktop looks.
I have been listening to a lot of trance and the type of music, I am trying to make.

Although I am happy with out there, it is not really what I am aiming for,

I think I found the problem, I need a thumping, bass line and drums.

So lets see how to do this in my next track.