Notes aren't sounding the same in piano roll

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I tried making a line of notes in the piano roll and they sounded perfect, then when I went to a different track and created a chord with the same note arrangement they sounded weird. I don't know if I'm explaining this correctly since as I've mentioned before I'm not musically inclined, but hopefully someone gets the idea. Basically it sounds fine at first, then the notes scrambled at certain points in a measure. I know I'm putting the notes in correctly because they're copied just 2 keys down and spaced exactly the same distance apart. I got frustrated and closed the program so I can't tell you where I placed the notes, but maybe someone gets the picture.
...they sounded weird...
Weird how? A chord is 'noisier' than a single tone, so a track that works fine in mono might 'clip' when you play chords. In this case the solution is to lower the volume or adding a compressor/limiter.

Also:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=569
In this case try and drag one of the notes that doesn't sound good and see if there is another note hiding underneath it.
Like off key, they didn't sound exactly the same as I placed them. Basically they're on key for the first few seconds and then they change and don't sound right. I've already checked the notes to see if others were hiding, that was actually a problem I had at first and I had to go back to fix it. Like I said it's hard for me to explain since I'm not used to composing yet, but that's the best I can do.
Without an actual sample of the sound in question it's very hard to give any advice.
What instrument plugin are you using?
Is it a preset sound?
I'm using the VST1 Feeltunes soundbank.
a 'chord' wont neccesaryly sound equally 'good' in any posistion.
Try sus4.
with root note C its not so hot
with F its much more pleasent to the ears
If you do not just use Maj and Min simple triads, then the rootnote will be important -and actually, even with Maj oa Min, the posisition is important. That is all about 'modes'. Aolian mode is considered to be more melachonic -phygian more gloomy..
So, the same tune played at different 'posistions' -degrees would express diferently to the human ear ..or perhaps mind :p
More on modes here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Properties ... ical_modes

br.
Well that's the thing, it did sound good when I entered it at first, but a few seconds into playing it the notes sounded off key. It's probably a user error on my part but I still couldn't understand what happened. I'll keep experimenting and see where I went wrong.
Try exporting the track as a .wav and see if you get the same problem.