Installing on Mint

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello.

I'm trying to compile and install LMMS 0.4.13 on my own, using Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon (64 bit by the way). After installing all the dependencies and typing 'make' into the terminal, it crashes at 87% and gives me this message:
/usr/bin/ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-x86-64 (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/libwinecrt0.a(exe_entry.o)) to format elf32-i386 (RemoteVstPlugin.mCfKym.o) is not supported
winebuild: /usr/bin/ld failed with status 1
winegcc: winebuild failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/vst_base/RemoteVstPlugin] Error 2
make[1]: *** [plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I have no idea what to do to fix this problem. Any idea?
spikex2012 wrote:Hello.

I'm trying to compile and install LMMS 0.4.13 on my own, using Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon (64 bit by the way). After installing all the dependencies and typing 'make' into the terminal, it crashes at 87% and gives me this message:
/usr/bin/ld: Relocatable linking with relocations from format elf64-x86-64 (/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/wine/libwinecrt0.a(exe_entry.o)) to format elf32-i386 (RemoteVstPlugin.mCfKym.o) is not supported
winebuild: /usr/bin/ld failed with status 1
winegcc: winebuild failed
make[2]: *** [plugins/vst_base/RemoteVstPlugin] Error 2
make[1]: *** [plugins/vst_base/CMakeFiles/vstbase.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
I have no idea what to do to fix this problem. Any idea?
Yes. That is a bug in wineg++. Uninstall wine-dev or deactivate compiling of VST, and get a precompiled lib from some repo.
Details: https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... =526#p1544

Alternatively, maybe installing MinGW in wine and using that to compile just those extensions could work...idk.
orpheon7 wrote: Yes. That is a bug in wineg++. Uninstall wine-dev or deactivate compiling of VST, and get a precompiled lib from some repo.

Alternatively, maybe installing MinGW in wine and using that to compile just those extensions could work...idk.
Sorry, I'm trying to get it... but I can't. Can I have some more detail?.. Gosh I feel so stupid for typing that...
I installed the LMMS from the repository and I can't find the program. I am not a total noob, but have exhausted my knowledge and resources. When I attempt to install again in the terminal, it says that all dependencies and the program are installed. I just don't know where to find the program. I am betting that this is easy, so I look forward to hearing from someone. I am using Mint v12.
adam-stone wrote:I installed the LMMS from the repository and I can't find the program. I am not a total noob, but have exhausted my knowledge and resources. When I attempt to install again in the terminal, it says that all dependencies and the program are installed. I just don't know where to find the program. I am betting that this is easy, so I look forward to hearing from someone. I am using Mint v12.
Hi!

That's a different case as this thread is about problems with compiling LMMS. I think you should start a new thread.
To answer your question though, I find lmms under Applications > Sound & Video > Linux MultiMedia Studio
If the program doesn't show up in the menu after an install, then log in/out or reboot and see if that takes care of the problem.
To launch it from a terminal just type:

Code: Select all

lmms
spikex2012 wrote:
orpheon7 wrote: Yes. That is a bug in wineg++. Uninstall wine-dev or deactivate compiling of VST, and get a precompiled lib from some repo.

Sorry, I'm trying to get it... but I can't. Can I have some more detail?.. Gosh I feel so stupid for typing that...
Compiling VeSTige on 64-bit doesn't work, it's not your fault, it's wine's. The best solution is just to not try to compile it, compile the rest, and then go steal VeSTige from someone on a 32-bit machine who compiled it (for example a repository). You'll need a few .so files (.so = compiled library on linux), and you'll need to put them in a certain folder in your system. I don't know what folders in detail because I have no idea about Mint, sorry.

adam-stone wrote:I installed the LMMS from the repository and I can't find the program. I am not a total noob, but have exhausted my knowledge and resources. When I attempt to install again in the terminal, it says that all dependencies and the program are installed. I just don't know where to find the program. I am betting that this is easy, so I look forward to hearing from someone. I am using Mint v12.
Try typing "lmms" in the terminal.