Majestic Piano Bass Sound

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hey everyone!

Does anyone know what's the best way to get that very majestic and powerful piano bass sound that appears in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-JirAlu9BI (0:59 - 1:50)? I was having an exchange with Musikbear who provided the following tips (He has also put up a new thread on it under the tutorial sub-section, viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5285), which has helped a lot! But it still seems a little different and less grand than the one in the song above. I was wondering if anyone else might have ideas on whether it is possible to re-create that piano bass perhaps using synth 1 or something (idk >.<)??

Also, that random sound effect thing that pans left and right randomly throughout the song, would it be best/possible to create that with synth 1?

Thanks in advance!!

Edit: Btw with regards to the reversed notes, if I'd want to mimic that, I'd use TX16Wx since it can load soundfonts and has the "reverse" function that only exists in AFP in LMMS (the sound's envelope won't be accurate tho so it has to be tweaked), but if anyone has any ideas or better ways to reverse sound waves outside AFP, please do share! :)
musikbear wrote:Hi Thats an interesting track!
The way reversed notes are being used is quite impressive, and also technical demanding. Should be possible with AFP, but a whole library of samples string-ensemble samples, is used. I am not aware of any vst that can do this effect, but perhaps someone knows something, so try forum :)

The piano is lovely, but i also think that it either is a real grand-piano, or a sampled grand piano, some are almost absurd huge ~ 3/4 GB!!

But several ways exists to make pianos sound fuller and richer.
First one you have looked at, and that is ofcause using EQs
Then you can work with the stereo-spread
There are several lmms plugins for stereo-wideness, and that will give your sound the same 'dream' wibe, as in the video.
Wideness is often used in ambient and also chill, just for that 'spaced' or almost indiscriminating point of direction.
The last thing is to make the piano 'larger'
The trick here is to double all notes, and move them either one octave up, or one octave down, in respect to the current notes. After they have been moved, you dampen the velocity (volume) 2/3. Moved UP, you get a brighter more trancy or dance like piano. Moved DOWN, you get a musty classical wibe to the sound. Some even used both sets, eg both upper and downers of 1/3 or less than the orr. notes.

Weather you can get that piano-sound, is questionable, but you will be able to get more sound from piano-presets, with there steps.

BR. mB
I have achieved almost the same using the Yamaha Grand piano soundfont, with the TAP reverbertor FX.
Example of using the reverberator FX
Eino wrote:I have achieved almost the same using the Yamaha Grand piano soundfont, with the TAP reverbertor FX.
Example of using the reverberator FX
Thanks a lot Eino! Yeah it sounds cool! XD. Will certainly test out that reverb plugin.