The Fuzziest Organ Evah VST Suddenly refuses to load.

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
So, I am on vacation now and I have unlimited time on my hands, so I am using lmms more than daily. I have found this VST called The Fuzziest Organ Evah and I like it a lot. I have used it on two or three songs already, but I tried loading it today and it refuses to load up. A pop-message shoows up and says:

"The VST plugin C:/Users/c_perd000/Desktop/lmms stuff/LMMS VST Plugins/4Evar.dll could not be loaded for some reason. If it runs with other VST-software under Linux, please contact an LMMS-developer!"

Just to get this out of the c_perd000 is not an error.

I tried loading it many times. I rebooted the computer, tried again with no success. I decided "Screw it" and tried to run the .dll file with RemoteVstPlugin.exe outside of lmms. It informed me of some missing .dll files, I downloaded them, restarted the computer, but it is one stubborn SoB. I tried loading it by dragging it from the bars on the left. Still nothing. I re-downloaded it in case it was corrupted, still doesn't load. I tried downloading it from the developer's website, but I have no idea how to read the Cyrillic alphabet. Changed its directory and it still does not want to work. I also searched the forums in case anybody had any similar problem, but no luck so far.

I have 64-bit Win10. Having insufficient memory is out of the question, I have loaded it in the past successfully in a project full of VST instruments.Any suggestions on what I should do?
Grey Walls wrote:tried to run the .dll file with RemoteVstPlugin.exe outside of lmms. It informed me of some missing .dll files, I downloaded them, restarted the computer, but it is one stubborn SoB.
outside of lmms? do you mean a different program- is that vst-host?
Grey Walls wrote: I have loaded it in the past successfully in a project full of VST instruments.Any suggestions on what I should do?
If that is a fact !!! Eg you had a project with the vst saved AND reopened successfully (??yes??) , then the only reason i can think of, is that you have made changes to the file/ folder structure or renamed some folder, so that now lmms cant find the dll where it used to be, but if you have errors loading through everyone of the methods here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... nt_Presets

Do you?

Then it could be that you have a install problem, like you have deleted a part of the installation.

But then you should not be able to load any vst at all..

Can you?

I think you should make backups of your own stuf, delete everything, dl a new lmms and reinstall, then try again.
musikbear wrote:outside of lmms? do you mean a different program- is that vst-host?
Nope. I simply went into the lmms plugins folder and chose RemoteVstPlugin.exe to open the .dll file, which I assume is VeSTige. Obviously, it didn't work, but it did tell me that I had some missing .dll files.

musikbear wrote: If that is a fact !!! Eg you had a project with the vst saved AND reopened successfully (??yes??) , then the only reason i can think of, is that you have made changes to the file/ folder structure or renamed some folder, so that now lmms cant find the dll where it used to be, but if you have errors loading through everyone of the methods here:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... nt_Presets
I did change the VST plugin directory to point to another folder, pointing to my VST effects, because they cannot be accessed by lmms otherwise and I like keeping instruments and effects separate anyway. But I simply browse to the folder I have the instruments and everything else loads up just fine. I did try both methods of loading it up, but it didn't work.
musikbear wrote: Then it could be that you have a install problem, like you have deleted a part of the installation.

But then you should not be able to load any vst at all..

Can you?

I think you should make backups of your own stuf, delete everything, dl a new lmms and reinstall, then try again.
[/quote]

No, I double checked. It's only 4Evar. But I will try re-installing lmms, since that is pretty much the only thing left to do now.

EDIT: I re-installed lmms... Aaaaaaaaaand nothing changed, still doesn't load. Oh, well, no more fuzziness for me I guess.
Grey Walls wrote:EDIT: I re-installed lmms... Aaaaaaaaaand nothing changed, still doesn't load.
Ok. If you now have all other vst working, then the 'fuzzy'-dll properly fails one of these tests:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... d_problems

Remember to go through those, before choosing a vst as an important part of a project :)
musikbear wrote: Ok. If you now have all other vst working, then the 'fuzzy'-dll properly fails one of these tests:
https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=Wo ... d_problems
Yeah, see, the problem is the instrument won't even load. So it fails the first test by default. Even in older projects, where I used it will always show the same pop-up message I mentioned. I click "OK" and everything runs just fine, but there is an "empty" VST slot where 4Evar used to be, as if I deleted or moved away the .dll file.

Anyway, lmms started doing other weird stuff today. I set the VST plugin path to point to my VST instruments, but when I am about to load any instruments, it re-directs me to C:\Program Files\LMMS, which is the installation folder. The settings are not altered, though, they still point to the correct path... This also occurs when I try to load a VST instrument over another, already loaded VST instrument. Let's see what happens if I drop 4Evar in there...

After moving 4Evar in C:\Program Files\LMMS... it still won't load. So, I guess I either have a virus that corrupts stuff in my computer (which could be very likely, considering I download a lot of stuff every week) or the only remaining download of 4Evar in the internet has a corrupted file and the original VST instrument I downloaded was a fluke/somehow got messed up after I used it. OR during some weird Windows 10 update, it rendered specific 32-bit stuff unusable (Forgot to mention that, 4Evar is a 32-bit VST plugin).

Now, for a last gasp effort, simply moving everything somewhere else. And 4Evar still fails to load. Oh, well, I guess I give up. I can't imagine of anything else to try, for now, at least.

PS: If you've read all that, first of all you are a patience beast and secondly, thank you for taking your time to help me.
Grey Walls wrote:So, I guess I either have a virus that corrupts stuff in my computer
If you have your security stuff updated, that is not likely
or the only remaining download of 4Evar in the internet has a corrupted file and the original VST instrument I downloaded was a fluke/somehow got messed up after I used it.
neee, its just the config that is wrong, after you changed paths
OR during some weird Windows 10 update, it rendered specific 32-bit stuff unusable (Forgot to mention that, 4Evar is a 32-bit VST plugin)
Again lets focus on the config.

Heres my advise:
* Make security copies of your own stuff
* de-install lmms
* remove the dot-file
eg: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... h_Settings
* dl a new fresh off. copy of lmms
* install

That should do it, i hope. And if not, just post again - the beast says :)
I think the beast has to be summoned once again. I think I followed these steps just fine, but it still won't load.

Step-by-step what I did:
1. I uninstalled lmms from my computer.
2. I deleted that lmms .lmmsrc.xml file.
3. Reinstalled lmms.
4. Set the VST plugin path to my effects.
5. Browsed to the 4Evar and selected it.
6. The same pop-up message shows up.

Maybe I did something wrong?
Grey Walls wrote: Maybe I did something wrong?
Yes! This:
5. Browsed to the 4Evar and selected it.
Forget about that particular vst. It does not work- throw it away :p

Just let us know if you now have a working lmms with support for tested vsts.
Forget that fuzzy. Do not try to use it.
musikbear wrote: Forget about that particular vst. It does not work- throw it away :p
I'm also on a 64-bit Win10 with good CPU and RAM, and I had no issues with 4Evar VST.
After saving a project that had instances of the VST, I intentionally changed the paths (renamed the directory in which the VST was saved), and I got the same message about "not be loaded for some reason". After changing back the paths, the project loaded succesfully.

I don't know if my test results will help solve Grey Walls' problem, but I think it's unfair to say that 4Evar doesn't work with LMMS (VeSTige) at all.
musikbear wrote: Just let us know if you now have a working lmms with support for tested vsts.

Yup, apart from that particular organ, everything works as intended.

CaLRo wrote: After saving a project that had instances of the VST, I intentionally changed the paths (renamed the directory in which the VST was saved), and I got the same message about "not be loaded for some reason". After changing back the paths, the project loaded succesfully.

I don't know if my test results will help solve Grey Walls' problem...
It didn't. I appreciate the help, though.