Help! Where do I put my VST plugins for LMMS 0.4.13?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi guys. Me again. I'm just wondering. I downloaded some VST instruments eg. Indian Dreams......and I saw a video on youtube using Indian Dreams VST, called... How to use VST plug ins to make Indian instrumental sound loops for free. (Good quality video by the way.)
Anyways most of the tuts I have seen, are pretty old, and tell LMMS newbies like me, to put the VST's in LMMS plug ins folder.
But in this video....."How to use VST plug ins to make Indian instrumental sound loops for free." I noticed the tutorial guy had his VSTs in a Desktop folder. :?

My question is, could I Make a custom folder for my Indian Dreams Vst and others etc. and put it anywhere, on my Notebook and link LMMS to it in the settings menu?

Or do I have to put the Indian Dreams Vst and others etc, in the same LMMS plug ins folder, where all the default LMMS plug in stuff is, so I wouldn't confuse myself and have to switch back and forth? :shock:

After writing this confusing scenario, I'm just "Beaned." ( Thats my slang by the way. Original huh?)

I'm using LMMS 64 Bit on Windows 7 64 bit.

Hope you guys can help. Bye. :mrgreen:
LMMS will look for VST plugins in the path that you find under:
edit > settings > paths > vst-plugin directory
(Good quality video by the way.)
Maybe add a link? ;)
owallgren wrote:LMMS will look for VST plugins in the path that you find under:
edit > settings > paths > vst-plugin directory
(Good quality video by the way.)
Maybe add a link? ;)

When I follow the path........edit > settings > paths > vst-plugin directory and click the button on the right. It takes me into my C drive Program files folder directory where LMMS and my other programs, are located. But there is no folder named vst-plugins. Do I have to make a folder named VST plugins? :o
I have a folder named vst in my lmms project folder and it's probably a good idea to put them in the same place. Just update the link to point to wherever you place them.
owallgren wrote:I have a folder named vst in my lmms project folder and it's probably a good idea to put them in the same place. Just update the link to point to wherever you place them.

Thanks for the info owallgren. However, I I have a folder named "Plug ins." (Not Vst plugins.) Where Folders named Ladspa, 32 and Vestige dll. Bit invader Triple oscillator and a lot of dlls are located.

Also,I don't have a folder named "Vst or Vst plug ins" in any of my projects folders. Not in the Lmms folder in Program files, and neither, in User/ Brandy Starbrite/Lmms/Projects.
Should I make a folder named " Vst Plug ins in either folder of my choice. And if I should make one, where out of the 2 places, is safer to make the VST plugins folder? :D

Thanks for the help so far owallgren. I really appreciate it. Hope I'm not pestering anyone with silly questions. :)
Also,I don't have a folder named "Vst or Vst plug ins" in any of my projects folders.
I created a folder named vst in the folder lmms. Then I updated the setting for vst plugins to point to this folder. You can place them wherever you want and have lmms point to where you put the vst stuff, but to me it makes sense to have them there.
owallgren wrote:
Also,I don't have a folder named "Vst or Vst plug ins" in any of my projects folders.
I created a folder named vst in the folder lmms. Then I updated the setting for vst plugins to point to this folder. You can place them wherever you want and have lmms point to where you put the vst stuff, but to me it makes sense to have them there.

Thanks alot for the all Help owallgren. :D You're a real help. :D Now all I have to do is make a A Vst folder in the folder LMMS. Thanks.
Whew! :roll: I almost thought, I'd never get past this so soon. I even thought something was wrong with my LMMS installation. :shock: And again thanks for the help owallgren. :mrgreen:
I have tried solutions mentioned below, creating a new folder for vst's and also using the existing plug-in folder and then indicating in the settings the location of the folder for the vst plugins--neither seems to get lmms to recognize their existence. They won't come up in the Instrument Plug-ins list--just the existing one. I have a few different dlls I've tried to add...Please help!
Using 32bit xp.

Thanks!

Nevermind. Saw the VeSTige option. :oops: