This is my first so be gentle.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi all,
This is my first attempt at using LMMS. I've always wanted to use this kind of software to make music but the whole midi/samples/piano bar thing always scared me off. My background has always been heavy guitar driven rock and metal and that Ive always recorded myself with Acid Pro, Ardour and Audacity. Not anything like using the piano roll. Two years ago I purchased a midi keyboard and never used it till a week ago when I started reading up on LMMS.

So here it is. It's called DubbedDis and is mostly 3 patterns in the Beat/Bassline and one instrument. Zynaddsubfx using the 'ahhh" sound. That was the only thing I did on the piano roll. I played with some of the volume levels to keep from clipping but other than that I didnt master anything.

Be honest, be brutal if you want. But please make it constructive.I really want to grow with LMMS and can use all the help this old dog can get.
https://soundcloud.com/unkle-bonehead/dubbeddis-1
Unkle Bonehead wrote:Hi all,
This is my first attempt at using LMMS. I've always wanted to use this kind of software to make music but the whole midi/samples/piano bar thing always scared me off. My background has always been heavy guitar driven rock and metal and that Ive always recorded myself with Acid Pro, Ardour and Audacity. Not anything like using the piano roll. Two years ago I purchased a midi keyboard and never used it till a week ago when I started reading up on LMMS.

So here it is. It's called DubbedDis and is mostly 3 patterns in the Beat/Bassline and one instrument. Zynaddsubfx using the 'ahhh" sound. That was the only thing I did on the piano roll. I played with some of the volume levels to keep from clipping but other than that I didnt master anything.

Be honest, be brutal if you want. But please make it constructive.I really want to grow with LMMS and can use all the help this old dog can get.
https://soundcloud.com/unkle-bonehead/dubbeddis-1
it's pretty good, but I don't like the hat that sometimes cuts off.
The part at around 1:10 is my favourite, has that kind of intro feel to it.
The entire song feels like one of those videogame songs that were made using only the sounds from the games.
Lol! Nice comment!
When I close my eyes thats what I can see now.

I love that sound on Zynaddsubfx and yes it would make for a great intro. Gonna keep that one in mind for the next one.
As for the hat cutting off I have no idea why it did. Its a learning experience.
I agree. This really does sound, like a video game song. :D
The part from 1:01 secs to 1:22 secs, caught my attention and sounds really surreal.
Pretty awesome for your first! and ya, i like the video gamey part Brandy and Sonic are talking about :D
really nice first-one!
I focused on that you do not have clips and that you used the features in lmms with creativity and i dare say humour.
I think i could be interesing to see what would happen, if the laser in left channel actually panned slowly from left to right
But its was a fine jazzy dubstep track, and i dont mind the grooves btw, create tensions.
Wow. Thank you for the awesome comments! I just listened to the track in my big truck (it has a subwoofer that came stock) and it sounds rather nice. Definitely going to have to invest on some good monitors. I did that song at the kitchen table with hedphoned. I can picture a lot more going on with that lazer as well.
Unkle Bonehead wrote:Wow. Thank you for the awesome comments! I just listened to the track in my big truck (it has a subwoofer that came stock) and it sounds rather nice. Definitely going to have to invest on some good monitors. I did that song at the kitchen table with hedphoned. I can picture a lot more going on with that lazer as well.
I'd also recommend using some other samples/presets, not just the stock ones.
They can be found somewhere here: http://lmms.io/lsp/
Great first song! I love the creativity in this... You're not limiting yourself to a certain style and in result it comes out as this VERY interesting song. Great job :)