.ogg crashes Win XP upon preview

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
kevman, thats suck :/ -is it a labtop with onboard sound?

hexem i think you mean VST
these works
http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Tested_VSTs

br.
Nope, its not a latop. It might be an outdated sound card, it is an old computer. I guess I will just have to use the other one.
read this topic
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=485
and please respond both of you

Br.
Your fix did not work for me, but I did notice something unrelated to your fix. The .wav files that come with lmms work fine for me, but ones I downloaded make it crash. However, the .wav files that came with lmms sound terrible. Im going to mess around with my sound configuration until they sound right, then try the .ogg's again.
Same problem but only with *.ogg-files (from "my samples"). Windows XP, Home Edition, Service pack 3, 32Bit. NVIDIA onboard-sound (Asus A7N8X from Targa), newest driver from nvidia (nForce_5.10_WinXP2K_WHQL_international).
LMMS crashes with "Send error report" dialog box. The generic "this program has encountered an error" window says this:
AppName: lmms.exe AppVer: 0.4.13.0 ModName: libvorbis-0.dll.
I can play the ogg-files with VLC or Winamp.

LMMS version: 0.4.13. Different Audiosettings probed without any result.
Wav workes fine so I konverted ogg-files in wav!

Same version functions under Win7 Prof. 64bit fine.

Any Idea?
Hi! Wow! I never got this problem on Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit. Nice to see you got it working on your Win 7 64 bit Prof.
Two questions guterfreund:

1) Did you run it as Administrator?
2) Was your antivirus on? ...................Sometimes antivirus, messes up installation of software.
->guterfreund
a couple of things:
Could you post an exact name of a ogg-file that causes this to happen?
Do you use SDL as audio?
(I have tested ASIO, but that makes a lot of deep crashes (->bsod) -so thats not practical)
If you dont use sdl try that.
When it crash, are you in 'idle' or 'playback' mode
Current release has a nasty bug, that hogs huge resources
You can avoid this, if you do your I/O opps in 'playback' mode.
Eg either have songeditor in playback, or play in piano-roll. Both works, and you do not need to have notes played.
This issue will be solved in next release, i have been told :D
Try and report the results

br