Sidechaining

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I have a pad track that I want to sidechain from the kick drum. However, the kick drum starts a few bars after the pad.
When loading the project, the fader from the pad is at 0 until the kick starts, so no sound is played. Once the kick starts, the sidechaining starts and the pad plays. When I then replay the track, the pad will play from the start as it should (without the sidechaining until the kick starts).
Apparently when loading the project, for some reason the pad fader is initialized to 0 no matter what values there are for the Base and Amount knobs on the Peak Controller.
This is on Fedora 16 and LMMS 0.4.13.

On a somewhat related note: there are some VST's out there that can do sidechaining. I could load a number of them in the FX channel, but they would not show up in the list of available controllers to connect to. Is this possible at all?

TIA
I too have had this problem previously myself and i cant quite remember if i solved it or not.
Im a bit short on time at the moment to see if i can fix this or at least make some kind of workaround, but maybe try adding another similar kick drum and have it in the same fx channel as your original kick drum that is controlling the sidechaining , now the trick here might be to add another peak controller to this fx channel and have your second kick drum trigger it at the start of the song with the same settings as your first peak controller but have this 1 muted, ( i hope you can follow all of this ), now have the fx channel fader of your synth connected to both these peak controllers ;)
Excellent tip!
I have implemented a variation on it: as I had already an automation track on the Mute button and the Amount knob of the Peak Controller, I just added one bar of the kick with the Mute automation to off and the Amount automation to 0. That did the trick!

Thanks!
glad you got it sorted out, i will have to remember this trick as i plan to make a track with a lot of sidechaining and also gating in it ;) actually this would be a good tip to pt on the LMMS wiki ;)