Midi out of sync

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,

I seem to be running into one bizarre glitch after another when it comes to midi with LMMS. First I found out that it wouldn't export at all (it would be just silence) and developed a hacky workaround using Audacity. Then I tried actually using midi and wav samples in the same project and ran into today's topic.

But before I get into that let me give you some background:
- I have a Dell PC running Windows 7
- I don't use a midi keyboard, though I'd like to someday.
- I've experimented with programs like FL studio demo, Anvil studio etc. so I've worked with creating music before, but
- I am an intermediate computer guy. I've done some programming (HTML, JavaScript, PHP, GML/Game Maker etc) but don't know anything internal/system-level/futuristic (lol). And unfortunately, most of these forums seem to be geared toward IT professionals - it's all acronyms I'm not familiar with, apparently only known by those rare few capable of cracking the base code of the universe. So please keep this in mind when formulating your answers (I speak English and Spanish but don't know a word of Audio Mechanics). :)

So anyway, the problem is basically that the midi sequence is always a beat or two out of sync with the rest of the project. I lowered the buffering/latency thing to the lowest possible (thinking it was like what happens in Audacity if you record multi-track and don't fix the latency issue) but that didn't work. As I said before I've been digging up half the web looking for a solution in English (or Spanish) with no results. So at the moment I'm considering just using the same hacky workaround (setting Audacity to record the "line" and then playing the sound) and then using the recording as a sample. This would also eliminate the need to go through this process with the finished project.

Another workaround I've tried is to offset everything else in the beat/bassline editor; this also seems to work okay, but it would really be nice to be able to use loops again (and all the loops I have are normal/in sync).

But I'm sure there's a more straight-forward approach. If not, I'm thinking there may be some kind of alternative to midi out there already? If it's really as resistant to being incorporated into audio programs as it seems (ran into similar bugs with FL studio demo), someone might have already found something more compatible with modern software... anyway I'm really just kind of fishing at this point and I'd appreciate any available information. Thanks. :)
Hi! I'm not too sure, what to say about the problem. I think it may be the "TEMPO" of the audio clips you're using, not going in "sync" with the Tempo setting in Lmms.

The Tempo: :ugeek: in laymans terms, is the speed of the song you're making or recording. Or the Song Speed.
If you look at the top of Lmms' view space, you'll see the Number "140" at the top of the screen. That's the speed of the song. Or the "Tempo" of the song.
Trance Music, is made with a "TEMPO of 140" all the way to "150" in some cases.

Like for eg. if your audio clip, has a "Tempo of 130." And you want put it in LMMS, when Lmms has a "Tempo setting of 140." It will not conform with each other. It may shorten etc.
Both of the Tempo thingy's, must be the same eg. 130 to 130. Or 140 to 140. " well in most cases." :?

To change The Tempo thingy in Lmms, put your cursor on it, and scroll wheel, up or down. You'll see the green numbers change. "Well my numbers are green." :?
Or record your clips in Audacity, by adjusting the Tempo option. "I wish I knew how to find that."
Perhaps the audio you recorded, or are using, was made or recorded, at a lower TEMPO? If so, there is supposed to be an option in Audacity, where you can change the Tempo, of the clip or audio you're using. I'm still learning Audacity. So I don't know where that option in either. Sorry.

For latency, read here: https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=4&t=659 it's interesting.
Raising it in Lmms, is supposed to improve sound quality. O is it called lowering in Lmms? :?
I don't know much about midi. So stick around, as the other guys with more experience, will help you.
Hope I was able to help. :D
Okay, so maybe I know a *little* more than that. :)

I'm not talking about "loops" (where a difference in tempo would be the problem) but the actual midi sounds themselves. The tempo doesn't seem to affect this issue one way or the other. If I set the tempo to fast or slow it will always be out of sync with every single sound in my collection. I'm still considering maybe just recording a single note for each instrument I want to use and using that as a sample; it may affect quality but at least I won't have to reinvent the wheel to make the dumb thing work. I appreciate the thought though.

Any other takers? :)
the problem is basically that the midi sequence is always a beat or two out of sync with the rest of the project.
Think you need to post a project with this issue.
-remember to include the loop as sample in the zip
I'll have to get a sound cloud account and do some recording first (midis apparently also need to be recorded using a separate program like Audacity to even show up in a finished beat) but I'll see if I can't get one going this weekend. Thanks.