My first music soundtrack ever!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Yesterday, I made my first soundtrack by just messing around in LMMS for my WIP game; however, since I don't have any formal music training, it's impossible for me to guess how good it actually is (though I think it turned out okay).

https://soundcloud.com/user-538985133/ascend-theme

This is basically a first prototype of the trailer music unless I can find some stock music that fits the feel of the game better.

Anyway, is it good? Any feedback, criticism, rotten eggs?
For your first music track in Lmms, this sounds nice and the music sounds very in tune too. :D
I like the classical sounding, adventure Rpg ambient feel of it.
What type of game is this music for? Is it an adventure game? :D

Also welcome to the Lmms forums namandixit. 8-)
brandystarbrite wrote: For your first music track in Lmms, this sounds nice and the music sounds very in tune too.
Thanks a lot
brandystarbrite wrote: What type of game is this music for? Is it an adventure game?
Yes, it's an adventure game in the same vein as Journey.

I do have a question if you don't mind- does it sound too repetitive or too busy?
First since you are new in our forum;
Welcome to the forum namandixit! Here are all our important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

Nice first-out.
namandixit wrote: does it sound too repetitive or too busy?
Noi dont think so. However i on the other hand does not get a 'ascend' feel. Level-designly seen, i would think of a somewhat green charachter, that just are preraring to leave a safe place, before it meets the big world outside. Perhaps the char. is 'packing' for that journey /quest

Is that in the line?
musikbear wrote: Noi dont think so. However i on the other hand does not get a 'ascend' feel. Level-designly seen, i would think of a somewhat green charachter, that just are preraring to leave a safe place, before it meets the big world outside. Perhaps the char. is 'packing' for that journey /quest

Is that in the line?
Yes, that is in fact the emotional overtone of the game- of overcoming hesitations and beginning ascension.
namandixit wrote:Yesterday, I made my first soundtrack by just messing around in LMMS for my WIP game; however, since I don't have any formal music training, it's impossible for me to guess how good it actually is (though I think it turned out okay).

https://soundcloud.com/user-538985133/ascend-theme

This is basically a first prototype of the trailer music unless I can find some stock music that fits the feel of the game better.

Anyway, is it good? Any feedback, criticism, rotten eggs?
That was Cool! Back in the olden days (2010-2012) i Played a Truckload of World of Warcraft, and immediately had some nastolgia...because the song (As Brandy Said) Fits a Adventure Rpg.

Maybe make it a bit longer next time, not too long though. :D
I like the melody of it... Nice song for your first one... but if you must use it as a game soundtrack I suggest you to mix it more together so you can fill the empty spaces at the start... maybe put a long cello in all the song! Good work tho
Not bad, needs to be filled out more though, sounds a tad empty as is
This is really good! Keep working at it!