Funky vague VST bug - SOLVED

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,

So to work around the midi issue I've been using VST/VSTI plug-ins, and at one point I installed a new one. But then at a later date I tried to open a project and got this:

"The VST-plugin <long extension here> could not be loaded for some reason [nice and descriptive, cryptic mystery bologna that rivals all standard computer errors, LOL]. If it runs with any other VST-software under Linux [and I use windows] contact an LMMS-developer [like I know any]."

Edit: I found out what was going on: on the new plug-in, the download link was the wrong one - it put some knew toolbar on my browser. I uninstalled the program and BINGO - All my plug-ins started working again. So be on the lookout for something called a "WiseConvert Community Toolbar" on the site vst4free.com. Their plug-ins are awesome but not every big "download" link is the correct one and if your system is anything like mine it will lock up your VSTI's and drive you loco like me. :))
mfox32322 wrote:Hi all,

So to work around the midi issue I've been using VST/VSTI plug-ins, and at one point I installed a new one. But then at a later date I tried to open a project and got this:

"The VST-plugin <long extension here> could not be loaded for some reason [nice and descriptive, cryptic mystery bologna that rivals all standard computer errors, LOL]. If it runs with any other VST-software under Linux [and I use windows] contact an LMMS-developer [like I know any]."

Edit: I found out what was going on: on the new plug-in, the download link was the wrong one - it put some knew toolbar on my browser. I uninstalled the program and BINGO - All my plug-ins started working again. So be on the lookout for something called a "WiseConvert Community Toolbar" on the site vst4free.com. Their plug-ins are awesome but not every big "download" link is the correct one and if your system is anything like mine it will lock up your VSTI's and drive you loco like me. :))
Great that it solved it self, but just as a tip for next time: The cryptic mystery bologna is usually the most informative part of an error, so even if you don't understand it it's often a good idea to upload it in case anyone else understands it.