Zenith.

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Remember the thread with that unfinished demo?
Well, now it's somewhat finished. Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/quickbrownfox-music/zenith/
By the way, I changed my profile, so please, don't be confused if you see my track on some random fellow's page.
Hope you will like it!
SonicSpeed wrote:Remember the thread with that unfinished demo?
Well, now it's somewhat finished. Here it is: https://soundcloud.com/quickbrownfox-music/zenith/
By the way, I changed my profile, so please, don't be confused if you see my track on some random fellow's page.
Hope you will like it!
Unfinished eh? so are you open to suggestions and critiques?

First of all, before i go down the list (not a big one), It has a lot of potential, i liked it quite a bit.

Intro: The song starts very abruptly, Typically, you fade everything in, normally with a lowpass, now, you don't always have to do that, i've heard some intros that don't fade in, but normally its a pretty cool way to start the song (And easy).

Drum Variation: I like the fact you went "Kick" "Kick" "Snare" instead of just "Kick" "Snare", but don't just do that, add some variation to the Kick pattern, Maybe add a extra Snare in there towards the end of the pattern.

Sub Bass: Some thing i notice a LOT is the fact that not many songs have a good Sub bass, does not have to be extremely loud, but sub basses add a richness and fullness to a song.

Build up: Just a Drum roll, Sweep or Riser will do really.

Drop: Drop was good, Increase the volume of the Wub though.

This may seem like a lot, but it will make a world of difference, and i hope this helps!

Also, Where did you get that kick?
QucikBrownFox. Now that is an interesting name. :o
Concerning the track, I like what I hear so far.
And you got alot of good advice from DJ FlyingPankakez . Especially the sub bass advice.
I can't wait to hear the final version, whenever you finish it. :)
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:
SonicSpeed wrote:Remember the thread with that unfinished demo?
Hope you will like it!
Unfinished eh? so are you open to suggestions and critiques?

First of all, before i go down the list (not a big one), It has a lot of potential, i liked it quite a bit.

Intro: The song starts very abruptly, Typically, you fade everything in, normally with a lowpass, now, you don't always have to do that, i've heard some intros that don't fade in, but normally its a pretty cool way to start the song (And easy).

Drum Variation: I like the fact you went "Kick" "Kick" "Snare" instead of just "Kick" "Snare", but don't just do that, add some variation to the Kick pattern, Maybe add a extra Snare in there towards the end of the pattern.

Sub Bass: Some thing i notice a LOT is the fact that not many songs have a good Sub bass, does not have to be extremely loud, but sub basses add a richness and fullness to a song.

Build up: Just a Drum roll, Sweep or Riser will do really.

Drop: Drop was good, Increase the volume of the Wub though.

This may seem like a lot, but it will make a world of difference, and i hope this helps!

Also, Where did you get that kick?
Alright, thank you a lot for your tips!
I got a kick from a free drum pack... Forgot its name though.
brandystarbrite wrote:QucikBrownFox. Now that is an interesting name. :o
Concerning the track, I like what I hear so far.
And you got alot of good advice from DJ FlyingPankakez . Especially the sub bass advice.
I can't wait to hear the final version, whenever you finish it. :)
Thanks. :P
Alright, will work on it!