Looking for Feedback :)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi.

My name is James, as my profile name says, and I have been using LMMS for a while now, maybe a year since I first picked it up. Anyway, recently, I went on a producing rampage and tried to make a few tracks that I released publicly. However, I am not sure if they are good enough. I was just wondering if I could get some critical feedback (but don't be too harsh if possible) about what I have made using this software.

https://soundcloud.com/jamesaudiouk

Thanks,

James.
James wrote:Hi.

My name is James, as my profile name says, and I have been using LMMS for a while now, maybe a year since I first picked it up. Anyway, recently, I went on a producing rampage and tried to make a few tracks that I released publicly. However, I am not sure if they are good enough. I was just wondering if I could get some critical feedback (but don't be too harsh if possible) about what I have made using this software.

https://soundcloud.com/jamesaudiouk

Thanks,

James.
1 Year? Well, for one year, your pretty good! I think my favorite of your songs on on soundcloud was Jump, Lemon was also good, but celestials drop was uh, very out of tune, and didn't fit well, be sure that your notes are in tune.

You obviously know how LMMS works, and the tape stop glitch effect on celestial was cool, how'd you get that? The sounds you use are nice! keep it up!

Also, what music visualizer do you use for your youtube account?
DJ FlyingPankakez wrote:-snip-
Thanks for your feedback!

To achieve the glitch effect, it's quite simple:
1) Put the AM pitch shifter effect on the instrument.
2) I created a beat / baseline and put an automation track on it.
3) Draw an automation like this:

Secondly, for my visualiser, I created it myself using Adobe After Effects.
I just put a mask underneath the line and made my visualiser follow it. Above the line is where I put the title and to the left is where I have my logo with a glow around it.
For every track I make, I just adjust the visualiser by frequency range.

I do agree with the drop for Celestial, I wasn't sure what to do with it. I agree that the synths don't blend well together, perhaps because of the tuning too.

Once again, thank you for your input. I appreciate it!
Nice 4 tracks. :)
I enjoyed all of them.

I see DJ FlyingPankakez speaking about a track called celestial. But I don't see it.
brandystarbrite wrote:Nice 4 tracks. :)
I enjoyed all of them.

I see DJ FlyingPankakez speaking about a track called celestial. But I don't see it.
Yeah, I privated it until I could improve the drop because the notes seem too out of key / faded out.

I have un-privated it for now if you want to listen, just keep in mind that I privated it because I disliked the drop.
James wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:Nice 4 tracks. :)
I enjoyed all of them.

Yeah, I privated it until I could improve the drop because the notes seem too out of key / faded out.

I have un-privated it for now if you want to listen, just keep in mind that I privated it because I disliked the drop.
So far it sounds really nice. And I hear the out of tune drop, DJ FlyingPankakez and you were speaking about.
Whenever you fix the out of tune problem, I will be happy to listen to, the fixed version of celestial. :)
I think these are really cool! Very pro. Euphoria and Lemon in particular make me think of "Party Hard" (one of my favorite video games). Fun and danc-ey without being unoriginal. I also listened to Celestial, and honestly the dissonance in the later part didn't really bug me that much... I actually thought it lent an otherworldly sound to the song, and I think it might be really effective if you added more after it. That was really my only issue with any of these- with the exception of Euphoria maybe, they're all so short! They all feel like they're building to something big and then they never get there... I want more!

Hope you didn't find that too mean. ;)
Foggy wrote:-snip-
Thanks for the feedback.

Generally, if I don't like the sound of the song, I just don't bother making it full length.