Dear LMMS users.

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello everyone.
The LMMS license allows LMMS for commersal use, right?( i mean music made on LMMS for commercial use)
LMMS is my first DAW, now i can use it pretty good, i've learned about oall the functions a lot, i was composing on it music, melodies and arrangements for my songs. Each time i feel like sound quality was limited for me, and does not fit for commersial use, ( i mean studio quality sound), for example- like FL Studio sound quality, which fit for commercial use very good.
I was composing my music on LMMS, and because of the sound quality problems-i thought at first, that it was my fault, maybe i should learn how to do mastering for my music, and than problem could be fix. But once i went to my friend's home, she just bought a new FL Studio DAW, she just learning how to use it, and even don't know how to use mastering, but quality of the sound in her music compositions was much better, that in mine music, made in LMMS. Once she let me use her FL Studio for try to recover one of my song, which already was made on LMMS. I tryed to use same sf2 banks,free VSTi plugins, which i got here http://www.vst4free.com/ , and completely repeat all my project from LMMS for that song. And as a result- i got sound quality much better, than in LMMS, even without using mastering. And after mastering it , it sounds like studio great quality.
I am a bit disappointed in LMMS, I guess LMMS does not fit for commercial use, in FL Studio sound quality is so volume, high, and beautiful. And one more problem- the LMMS gives more poor quality in exported file, than in opened project itself. Even if i bought a powerful CPU for my PC, in order to make export in maximum settings,but it did not help. Also the VST plugins always stocking during i am working on LMMS, that is bothering so much.

So, lets all together ask the developers of LMMS, to upgrade the sound quality for LMMS. I am so used for LMMS, it is more comfortable for work and use, and all my project made in LMMS, and i cannot transfer it to FL Studio-because LMMS does not support MIDI-export. And that is one more problem for LMMS.
Thanks to everyone. Please support this post if you have the same problem with sound quality in LMMS.
Hmmmm. Interesting topic. I know that the Lmms Developers work really hard on this project. And since it's free, funding for the project, and new equipment is crucial for them, to make Lmms better. It's a "Super Great Awesome Music Program!!"
Thanks alot for this cool software Lmms Crew. I mean it! From the top of my heart. :D
I've "recently" been getting a little bit of problems with Lmms too, in the terms of Sound quality, when trying to make some sounds/music etc. Even when I use a limiter or other similar plug in etc. The problem either disappears or persists. He! He!
Could it Possibly be a bug, or an Lmms buffer option setting on Windows 7 or other platforms? As explained in this link topic below.........
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... ?f=7&t=332
Before I say anything more....I will wait for some one who is an "actual Lmms Crew member," to respond. :)
As you could see an "actual lmms crew member" didn't give you his/her precious time for a month now, because you guys didn't get into more detail. What is ugly sound? Is it crackly, low bitrate, ..?

While having no doubt that you "can use it pretty good", you're probably still missing some key things.

I feel you're both talking about volume, my guess is you're not turning the right volume knobs. Take a look at the Mixer. If you group your instruments and then stop every channel from exceeding the red zone that's probably a leap forward. Also, for now, don't get the master volume (see top of the screen) and the circular per-instrument volume knobs above 100%.

On FL: perhaps it has some behind-the-scenes "auto knob-turner" that seems to do the balancing trick for you, but it cannot generate louder sound files. The limit to that is in the file type and the system.

If you exceed this limit, you'll get ugly sound due to clipping.