What kind of music do you like?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
This is something I have been wondering about for awhile now, and thought I'd get your $0.02 on the subject. I've listened to several people's WIP's on here and found they were unlike any other music I had ever heard before... one kind of sounded like what Abby listens to on NCIS, but after that it was all new to me.

So I thought, wouldn't it be cool to just talk music (which may or may not involve LMMS)? I wonder what you guys all like, so I thought I'd ask.

Let me start: :)
If you've read any of my other posts you know my specialty is Latin music. I play several instruments (mostly percussion but also a bit of piano, guitar and cuatro) and it's also what I produce in LMMS. All the major styles - salsa, reggaeton, merengue, bachata, and combinations of these - are what I listen to and create. I don't care much for the Mexican varieties (mariachi, ranchero etc) or Latin rap (and yes there is a difference between rap and reggaeton, LOL), but even those are okay every once in awhile.

Y tu? (and you?) :D
I play classical music on the piano, love especially Beethoven and Liszt a lot, and am also a huge (psy)trance and dubstep fan.
Electro, glitch music and ambient music I also like, and even occasionally a song with lyrics.

Examples:
[Artist - Song name (name of genre): Link]
L. van Beethoven - 5. Sonata (late Romantic): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI
Dutch Force - Deadline (Hard Trance): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN3jKFKUd0o
Datsik & Chaospere - Eradicate (Dirty Dubstep): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4U1H-F5iw
Purity Ring - Obedear (Lyrical ambient/dubstep/something): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETbGpGJNVLM

I could list >20 links of most genres, so if anyone wants more links on one of them I can provide. :P
I like Trance music, even before I ever knew it was called that. :?
Old school House Music: eg. Robin S Wright's Show me Love.
Orchestral music done by Japanese composers: eg. The ones done in Final Fantasy Games, Kingdom Hearts etc.
J Pop Music: AKA Japan Pop.
80's style dance music.
90's style Euro pop: eg. Gina G. Ooh Aah! :shock:

Well, that's just about it. :)
Wow, sounds like we have a nice variety. I have never heard of J Pop or psy-trance (honestly you guys kind of lost me after classical) but then again I'm sure some of you haven't heard of plena, bomba, cumbia, bachata or salsaton (which are all styles that I guess fall under the way-too-general term "Latin"). :lol: But I think it's so awesome that we have such an eclectic group on the forum. I think the more people we get on here the more interesting styles and tastes we'll find represented in threads like these.

So... any others? :D
I love the calm House music made by shovonrahman and some of the not so calm electronic music by macrowave.

House is OK if the songs aren´t too long. Then I like electronic music, and almost everything with real instruments (or fake real instruments). I have a big passion for cinematic music (if that is what it is called).
Hanz Zimmer, Klaus Badelt, Edward Shearmur, Ennio Morricone, John Barry and a lot of other composers make so good music. My favorite have to be Two Steps From Hell.

Guess a reason for mye love for real instrument sound is because I play the Trumpet.
Yeah I love shovonrahman's house music too.
Anyone else has anything more to add?
I think my favorite kind of music is the music in movies, and sometimes video games too. Some of my favorites are by composers like James Horner, Thomas Newman, and Danny Elfman.

But, I listen to a lot of different kinds of music.
dotsnspots wrote:I think my favorite kind of music is the music in movies, and sometimes video games too. Some of my favorites are by composers like James Horner, Thomas Newman, and Danny Elfman.
I know, right? Movie soundtracks are cool! I've always wondered who produces them, and now I know. :)
Check John Williams. Of Star Wars Music fame. :D
Cool.
A lot of Martin O'donnell's stuff is also really good imo.