Tips for Solving "BUGS" and Problems in Lmms WINDOWS

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi guy's.I just thought it would be a great idea to make a post on "Solving "BUGS and problems" in Lmms. And a "Work Arounds for them."
Anyone can easily post, the Bug problem they've experienced in Lmms and the way to solve the Problem. This post is for WINDOWS users only. So they'll find it easy to find.
Here's mine, so I'll give it a shot.
Note: This applies to Windows 7 or other Win OS users who have experienced this "Glitch/Bug." NOW LET'S START. :mrgreen:
Topic 1: Problems when Saving an Audio file in Lmms on Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium.

When saving a "Sound, Loop, or Melody" in Lmms for "Windows 7 64 BIt." Don't select "32 Bit Float."
"Instead choose the default "16 Bit Integer."

Problem: In Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium, if you save the music file you made, as a 32 Bit Float: If you try to re import the music file, or melody you made, an Lmms glitch/bug will prevent you from playing it, or being heard, or in some cases, preventing you from importing it. "I don't know what causes it though."

To Solve the Problem: "Save it as 16 Bit Integer." That way, you'll be able to re-import your Melody or loop into another song, without any problems.

And if anyone else has experienced this "bug" or "glitch," please make a post or comment and let us Lmms users know, in another topic/post etc.
Bye.
Hey BrandyStarbrite,

This was a really cool idea. I think most of the "bugs" in LMMS (or any program really) are common enough that more than one person (or ten) are looking for the answers. :) Now when stuff happens we have a place to go look for answers that deal with the same computer system as we have.

But anyway, I have a post to contribute. I know you and I have talked about it on other posts, but I think it's something worth posting on here.

A trick to avoid (most) VST freezes

Problem:
Okay, so if you've worked with VST instrument plug-ins you already know what I"m talking about. They tend to freeze way too easily, and it'll drive you crazy faster than you can say "What the :? :!: :o :x ?"

Solution: Do the VST part first then export to WAV.
This is not the only solution - and in fact I'd be interested to hear yours - but it's worked great for me. There are a couple ways to do this:

1. If it's something that you use all the time, create a bunch of loops as separate WAV files. For example, I've created piano & bass loops using different chords (so far just the basics like G, C, D, etc) that I can use in my music. So I get the same sound without using a single plug-in.
There are a couple catches here, though:
- Make sure that the BPM is set to the same speed as the loops you created. Otherwise it will be out of sync.
- It takes a bit of time to create all those loops. It'll pay off in the end, but it's slow going at first.
- It only works well with stuff you do repetitively. If it's something unique to just one song, you might want to see the next part.

2. Create a whole track and export that to a WAV file.
This may seem a little harder at first, but once you have it, you can use the exported WAV in place of the plug-in. Then, if your song uses more than one VSTI, you can add it then export again.

Anyway, I've been talking real general here, so if you need help w/this feel free to ask. Hope this helps. :)
I'm not supposed to comment on this "Topic" I've made, because it'll "fill up this Forum Topic Space."
But I'm glad to see, you've posted the tips, that we both spoke about earlier. :D
Yeah, and I don't want to comment on my own comment (LOL) because I don't want to clutter this page either, but I wanted to share it because it actually did help. I started a merengue WIP tonight using all loops for the piano part (instead of the "DSK Acoustic Keyz" VSTI). It sounded really cool and I'll be posting it ASAP (my sound cloud's down tonite). So this isn't something I'm posting because I "think" it'll work; I know it works 'cuz I've been there, done that. :)
Dealing with Crashing Vst's

Brandy Starbrite version, advice on trying to make a melody in Lmms using a 3rd party VST or VSTi. :D

Problem: 1)I load a Vst in Lmms, but it crashes/freezes on me, if I save the Lmms file and re open it.
2)I open a Vst, and I want to make a melody but I'm afraid if I use the "VST" for too long, it'll crash/freeze on me. Waaaah!!

To solve problem, this is how I do it...................Lol!

Remedy or advice: Well the way I deal with this problem, as discussed with another Lmms member earlier on is .......

1) First load in the Vst. Or load in the Vst that is "partially stable in Lmms." In other words, one that you can take a chance with.eg. DSK OranZe :shock:

2) In "the Song Editor," Make your melody in the "Piano roll." Why? You ask? Because it's recommended to do it in the Song Editor. "Trust me on this."

3) Make one melody at a time, since making more than one as separate Melody's may overload or crash LMMS and the Vst.

4) Immediately, when you've finished making your melody, in the Song Editor,....save it as a Wav or ogg. file. (with the default 16 bit integer setting.")

5) Open a new Lmms project and import your Wav. melody file. :D

6) Enjoy!

7) Repeat steps, if you need to make another melody/track for your project with another or same 3rd party VST or VSTi.

Hope that helped. Bye.
Topic: No sound when making new synths using Lmms Plugin 3xoscillator or others.
PROBLEM:
I make a new "Synth instrument in Triple Oscillator."
And in the "Envelope option." after I tweak the Volume and Cutoff options, and putting the "FILTER" on 2X Lowpass or Low Pass.
"I HEAR NO SOUND when I press Piano keys." :shock:

TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM:
Make a "Clone copy of the Plug in," by clicking the "Wrench and Screwdiver icon," to the left of the Plugin.
Then, delete the original plugin, by selecting "Remove Plug in."
After you do this, press the piano keys on the Plugin, and the sound should be back to normal.

NOTE: I recently discovered this Lmms Glitch and a solution to solve the problem, just last month.