Sweet Snow - My first sad song!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
This is my first sad song! It talks about falling snow in winter...

Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/domenico-rotolo- ... sweet-snow

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vNEEeY ... e=youtu.be

Fun fact: my brother made the soundcloud song image! It's actually snowing to me and he is a pro at making photos :D
This is literally quite lovely. You've definitely accomplished the sad feeling in this one. :)
For a moment there, as the track started, I almost thought this was a Chill Fox song. Lol! :P
Concerning the pic, congrats to your brother on that snow image.
That winter pic reminds me of Christmas, in those snow countries. 8-)

Tip: A good volume raise, on the entire track, would solve that low volume problem in no time. ;)
The pluck sound, seems to be the only instrument, that stands out loudly, in the entire track.

But all in all, you did a really good job, making and composing this one. Congrats. :)
brandystarbrite wrote:This is literally quite lovely. You've definitely accomplished the sad feeling in this one. :)
For a moment there, as the track started, I almost thought this was a Chill Fox song. Lol! :P
Concerning the pic, congrats to your brother on that snow image.
That winter pic reminds me of Christmas, in those snow countries. 8-)

Tip: A good volume raise, on the entire track, would solve that low volume problem in no time. ;)
The pluck sound, seems to be the only instrument, that stands out loudly, in the entire track.

But all in all, you did a really good job, making and composing this one. Congrats. :)
Thanks a lot... about the first tip, I usually keep the volume low so it doesn't go clipping... I know my songs are low but I really don't know how to fix it without clipping! Got any ideas?
About the second tip, thanks I'll fix it when I do the v.2 ... I'm gonna spoiler to you that I will do an hardcore mode of this song so it will be fun :P
DomeNico Rotolo wrote:Thanks a lot... about the first tip, I usually keep the volume low so it doesn't go clipping... I know my songs are low but I really don't know how to fix it without clipping! Got any ideas?
Okay, if possible, here's what to do. :)
Make a short youtube demo vid, about 50 secs long, showing the sweet snow track, playing in Lmms.
If you used the FX mixer, I need to see how far the volume level goes, in the Master FX channel.
That way, I might be able to figure out a way, to help you solve that clipping problem.

I don't mind checking out the project file, but this semi old PC I'm using, gives trouble sometimes. :P
And if somehow, you used ZynAddSubFX in that project, this PC will not be able to load it. :P
brandystarbrite wrote:
DomeNico Rotolo wrote:Thanks a lot... about the first tip, I usually keep the volume low so it doesn't go clipping... I know my songs are low but I really don't know how to fix it without clipping! Got any ideas?
Make a short youtube demo vid, about 50 secs long, showing the sweet snow track, playing in Lmms.
If you used the FX mixer, I need to see how far the volume level goes, in the Master FX channel.
That way, I might be able to figure out a way, to help you solve that clipping problem.

I don't mind checking out the project file, but this semi old PC I'm using, gives trouble sometimes. :P
And if somehow, you used ZynAddSubFX in that project, this PC will not be able to load it. :P
I used ZynAddSubFX so I think you won't be able to load the file... I'll upload the video asap :)
DomeNico Rotolo wrote:
brandystarbrite wrote:

I used ZynAddSubFX so I think you won't be able to load the file... I'll upload the video asap :)
Ok I made the unlisted video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3A7KWJ ... e=youtu.be
DomeNico Rotolo wrote: I used ZynAddSubFX so I think you won't be able to load the file... I'll upload the video asap :)
Ok I made the unlisted video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3A7KWJ ... e=youtu.be
Oh, so you have all of the instruments, routed to the master FX mixer channel below, at the bottom left. :)

I'm watching the Master FX mixer channels meter at the bottom left of your screen.
And the green doesn't even reach halfway up, the meter gui :P
So you don't have to worry. You are safe. This is an easy fix. :)

Raise, or movethe Master FX mixer channels, volume dial/lever upward.
I suggest moving it up, close to halfway, eg. 70% or 80% or probably more.
Once the green meter colour, doesn't turn red, you are in the safe zone.

The loudest parts of your track, seems to be from 24 secs to 1:31 secs, so use that as a reference
when moving up the Master FX mixers volume.

After you have done the volume changes, if possible, make another shorter vid, from 20 secs to 1:34 secs.
So we can see the results.