need some help analyzing a synth

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Essentially, I'm looking for tips on how to make the lead/pad that carries the melody at the 40 second mark of this song. It should link you straight to that spot, but still, could use the help. https://soundcloud.com/monstercat/grabb ... way#t=0:40
thats just a gated saw, with absolutely NO reverb. 100's of Synth1 presets will be like that. The actual gating is the graael in this. But this particular gating is doable with notes alone. Studdersteps-notes, so you need to think in 3/16 and 1/4 i think..
First step however is to find the BPM, because that is crucial to how the studdersteps will work!
If you need a preset i can find one
musikbear wrote:thats just a gated saw, with absolutely NO reverb. 100's of Synth1 presets will be like that. The actual gating is the graael in this. But this particular gating is doable with notes alone. Studdersteps-notes, so you need to think in 3/16 and 1/4 i think..
First step however is to find the BPM, because that is crucial to how the studdersteps will work!
If you need a preset i can find one
The gating I figured out trying to make it, I'm just trying to figure out how to get the actual synth sound going. Thanks for the tip though on the saw. I'll give it a go with ZASFx or Massive.