Moving my sample library to a new directory !! !! !!

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Ive been using LMMS to flip soul tracks, and so far i have around 200 or so different projects.
All these projects are tied up to around 16 - 32 samples, depending on the complexity of the song.
All these samples are contained in little project folders I created myself, and dumped in 'my music' - I use windows.

My issue is, I want to move all my little folders that contain all my samples, into the regular LMMS/Samples directory. ---> http://i44.tinypic.com/4q1mx2.jpg
If I do move them though, all of my projects will be unable to locate the samples and there will be thousands of broken links --> http://i39.tinypic.com/2hwmemh.jpg
This will mean all my projects will no longer function.
I could manually reassign all my samples to each project, but I worked out that I would have around 6,400max of them to do.

How can I prevent this happening? / How can I get LMMS to automatically repair all the broken links once I shift the directory of the samples ??
(like a 'look in this folder lmms and repair all these missing samples for me' button)

Thanks
P.s - I did search, but found nothing relevant. If Im mistaken, please link me . thanks again..
Hi, youre out of luck im afraid -afaik there is no way for lmms to 'scan' for sound-files that has been moved to other folders.
The instrument properties are contained in the project file. -Eg, You dont need to pack instrument presets with a project-file before upload, but that is no so with waves that is imported to either the 'audiofileprocesser' or 'Sample-track'. Apearently these containers depends on local references.
This is quite important to remember if a project file is uploaded or shipped to another user.
The difference is contra-intuitive and could be considered as a design glitch

BR
musikbear wrote:Hi, youre out of luck im afraid -afaik there is no way for lmms to 'scan' for sound-files that has been moved to other folders.
The instrument properties are contained in the project file. -Eg, You dont need to pack instrument presets with a project-file before upload, but that is no so with waves that is imported to either the 'audiofileprocesser' or 'Sample-track'. Apearently these containers depends on local references.
This is quite important to remember if a project file is uploaded or shipped to another user.
The difference is contra-intuitive and could be considered as a design glitch

BR
thanks for your reply, musikbear

I remember using an old MAGIX sequencer a long long time ago to make simple , stupid songs before I upgraded to better software,..
I recall once moving my sample library to a new folder with that programme too. Basically the exact same scenario as now.
Upon opening my projects, a dialogue box opened, saying 'x.wav' cannot be found, and there was an option to relocate the missing sample. Once you relocated it, the program automatically corrected any other missing samples by looking in the same directory as the one you just selected.
Maybe a similar feature could somehow be implimented into the newer versions of LMMS in the future? I have no idea how hard that might/might not be.
what i would try here is put a "symbolic link" from your music folder to where you move your samples to i.e lmms/samples, so hopefully when LMMS searches its previous music folder it will also search through the samples folder where your samples will be moved to. try googling "windows symbolic link" or "windows soft links" for more info .