5.1 channels

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I am just getting started with LMMS, so I still have a lot to learn. I have googled around and it seems that LMMS supports surround sound. When I create new audio tracks and add sound files, all that I get is stereo sound and I can not find any options where I could pan the sound around to different audio channels.

I have 5 mono audio files that I would like for each to play on a separate sound channel, and then for the subwoofer channel to come from all channels. Word has it that this is possible, could someone please give me some hints where to start or direct me to some easy-to-follow instructions that would help me figure this out?
themeclassroom wrote: seems that LMMS supports surround sound.
njeaj -i think there meight be some confusion there. LMMS has ladspa component for wide-stereo, they are in your ladspa collection, but i think i remember that native support for full surround-stereo, is briefly mentioned in the roadmap -eg a feature that in some.. future timeslot maybe.. perhaps could be ..taken into considerations :p -
I was referring to this page:

http://lmms.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Requirements
LMMS does not require an expensive sound card and will run with a modest 2-channel soundcard, however, it can also make use of surround-soundcards!
So does this mean that it just plays stereo through surround sound cards? Maybe we should change this wiki page, it is a little bit misleading.