Piano roll editor, samples and export

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hi, I am a complete newbie on LMMS. I have 2 questions:

1/ I am making a melody in the piano roll editor by using a sample sound in the library. I want to know, if I can add more samples on the SAME piano roll editor? Normally, when I click on a sample, it appears in the baseline editor, then I have to right-click to open it in the piano roll editor. What I want is, when I open it in the piano roll editor, I want also to add more samples in the same piano roll editor, how to do that?

2/ After creating a simple melody from the piano roll editor, I cannot export that melody. It tells me my project is empty so it makes no sense and I have to put it in my song editor! Why it is like this? How to export this melody from the piano roll editor?

Thank!
angel20132013 wrote:Hi, I am a complete newbie on LMMS. I have 2 questions:

1/ I am making a melody in the piano roll editor by using a sample sound in the library. I want to know, if I can add more samples on the SAME piano roll editor? Normally, when I click on a sample, it appears in the baseline editor, then I have to right-click to open it in the piano roll editor. What I want is, when I open it in the piano roll editor, I want also to add more samples in the same piano roll editor, how to do that?

2/ After creating a simple melody from the piano roll editor, I cannot export that melody. It tells me my project is empty so it makes no sense and I have to put it in my song editor! Why it is like this? How to export this melody from the piano roll editor?

Thank!
1 i think you can use only 1 sound by piano roll unless you are using VST or soundfonts that allow you to use different sounds on the same piano roll (generally drums our percussions)
2 you cannot export from the piano roll to my knowledge ... you can export after having saved your project ...
angel20132013 wrote:How to export this melody from the piano roll editor?
yes you export from song-editor, and if you only want one track in your export, just solo that single track (remember that its only rc1 that has options for export as loop, earlier versions need manual editing of the exported wave
I had a quick question about modifying the loop and having it apply to when the rest of the track is being added. When I modify the loop parameters and play it in the piano roll, the timing is fine. But when you exit the piano roll and click play, the timing goes back to what is it originally. Does anyone know how to make the modified loop apply at all times?