Piano roll editor + samples

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Why we cannot add more samples in one piano roll editor? If you have toi make different melody, you must do it separately one by one. It takes time. I wish we can add more than 1 sample in a piano roll editor alone.

Thank!
??? whut? you can add any number of container as long as your pc has enough memory, and that include audiofileprocessor ao sample-track containers, so any number of sample can be added to a song
(To add a new sample-track container, click the 6. button in the song-editor-speedbar -perhaps thats what confuses you?
No, you have not understood. I will explain it well.

I drag a sample in the song editor, then I open the sample in the piano roll editor. Now on this piano roll editor, I can only compose a melody of that sample, that's all. What I want is to add more samples on the same piano roll editor without adding them in the song editor.
What I want is to add more samples on the same piano roll editor without adding them in the song editor.
ok -thats not possible -and why do you want to do that?
You can simply either
duplicate the whole track, then change the sample for the duplicate
or
insert a new sample. and then copy one or more note-containers from the first composistion
Both ways will give you identical notes, but with different sample-instruments (or any other instrument, of your choice)
But in lmms, and any other dav i know of, you can only have one sample in one piano-roll.
Why I want that? To compose a melody with different beat in one instead of separately. It is time consuming to do it separately. I hope they let people add more sample in one track.

Is there any place where I can suggest the developers?
angel20132013 wrote:Why I want that? To compose a melody with different beat in one instead of separately. It is time consuming to do it separately. I hope they let people add more sample in one track.

Is there any place where I can suggest the developers?
hello ... you can add this to the LMMS wish list ...
in the meantime ... if it's only beat that matters ... i think you can use the rythme and bassline editor ... instead of the piano roll ...
I prefer the piano roll editor. Can you tell me where is the wish list?
angel20132013 wrote:I prefer the piano roll editor. Can you tell me where is the wish list?
I don't know where is the wish list, but here's the thread to express your desires:
https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... m.php?f=15

Actually this would also be a useful feature, and also I would wish LMMS had it in the future, since this feature for certain compositions greatly facilitate the work.
I think it was suggested long ago.

Anyway, LMMS is awesome as it is today.

Greetings.