"No Instrument" instrument plugin

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Hello,

I like lmms very much. It is really a great music making tool.
Since I have (IMHO) a very nice soundcard with wave tables (SB Audigy 2 ZS) I use under Ubuntu 12.04, sometime like I use its internal sounds for some tracks but there is no choice of an "empty" instrument plugin to just send the MIDI data to the sound card.
When importing a MIDI file, the SF2 Player plugin is automatically chosen and I cannot remove it.
I have to put the SF2 Player volume of to 0 and activate the MIDI output on each track.
Is there and "Send To MIDI" plugin somewhere that would only send MIDI data?.
Otherwise, how difficult is it to develop one (I am a senior developper so I could be interested doing it - with some guidance for sure)

Any cue on this one?
Is there and "Send To MIDI" plugin somewhere that would only send MIDI data?.
No. I've seen it mentioned before in some TODO, feature request or wishlist, so I know it would make someone happy.
Otherwise, how difficult is it to develop one (I am a senior developper so I could be interested doing it - with some guidance for sure)
Should be pretty easy. Start with sf2player, vestige or zynaddsubfx (the MIDI-based plugins) and rip out all code related to controlling the synth engine and shuffling samples to the sound engine. When that seems to work, attack the GUI and make some automatable knobs that send MIDI CC messages.