Program freeze when accessing settings (XP, SP3, 32bit)

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Problem with versions 0.4.14 and 0.4.15 (bug introduced in 0.4.14, but not fixed), previous LMMS versions did not have this problem. I still have 0.4.10 and 0.4.13 in separate directories, and both of those allow access to the settings menu without any problems.

After selecting Edit>Settings in the menu, LMMS freezes. Clicking anywhere else in the program produces an hourglass. Only way out is to click close, wait for the unresponsive program alert, and force quit.

I'd consider this a major bug, since some features or settings are only accessible from the Edit>Settings menu.

Encountering this problem on Win XP, SP3, 32-bit. The way the computer responds, it's like the program is looking for something, but it's missing or the program is looking in the wrong spot. Could somebody re-check the compile on the last two releases or see if some needed library or other dependency was left out?
Thank you. Glad you posted this. I'm running Win XP, SP3, 32-bit and LMMS 0.413. and was thinking of upgrading. I agree: this is a big problem. For starters, the Buffer Size and Audio settings are crucial to even get sound out of the speakers.
Wooah! Thanks for that info dude.
I wonder if Win 7 (64 bit or 32 bit) users are experiencing this problem too?
can someone else confirm this as a general issue?
If so, this is indeed a very serious bug
So if anyone else has xp +sp3 do this:
Open a new empty project
go to
Menu:
Edit| Settings|
Here test click the 5 icons
Then try to alter the buffer-size
If lmms freezes on you - please report that here
---------
noone reports back
i have opend a ticket, but it would be very helpfull, if more people could confirm or reject this problem
Please report if you have anything either way