questions about metronome, recording and latency

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello everyone!

I just started using LMMS, and I have run into a few small problems. First of all: is it possible to get the metronome to start ahead of the actual recording (to get you into the rythm). I used to use an old Alesis MMT-8 (yes, I am a dinosaur), and it always made four clicks before the recording started, which I found very useful.

Second: the piano roll does not always register when I record through my midi keyboard (this seems to occur mainly when using plugins that did not come with the original download package). Is this fixable, or do I have to get used to registering the notes manually with some instruments?

Finally, the biggest question: there is a tiny latency between my midi keyboard and the sound. I have Windows 7 on a kind of slowish laptop. Is there any way of getting the latency smaller? I tried to browse through the internet, but I didn't find any solution that seems to work (or I just misunderstood how to do it).

I am quite aware that some of these questions might have come up before. But please bare with me. I am a beginner, and quite useless at using computers as well. So if you have any useful info about the issues above, please let me know.
unfortunately afaik, its a no to all 3
you may fiddele with the buffer setting, and perhaps limit latency 'some' -but absolutely eliminating, i dont think you should expect that.

One thing, though
when you 'record' notes in piano-roll, you must make sure, that the note Q is tiny. this is because your keypresses will be ignored if they are faster than the set Q.
for a lead-in you might insert a bar with four clicks: place the play head where you want it , hold shift and press insert. then when you mix down, just delete the entire bar.
OK, thanks for the replies!