Santa's got something in his bag

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Ho, ho, ho and a little preview of what's on the horizon... dashing through the snow in a 2-operator FM sleigh. :D

I won't promise that you can play with this on Christmas, but I know the GPL doesn't allow restricting distribution based on whether you've been naughty or nice, so you all will get it.

:lol:
Wow, that plugin interface looks so cool! ;)

(is that preset dial a new thing that goes in all instruments or is it something just in this one? If it's movable, I think it'd look better in the lower right corner where there's space...)
Art and layout like a pro!
Dare one hope of a new release of lmms with this plugin included in time for next Ubuntu LTS this spring?
owallgren wrote:Art and layout like a pro!
Don't thank me, thank diiz.
owallgren wrote:Dare one hope of a new release of lmms with this plugin included in time for next Ubuntu LTS this spring?
0.4.16 has been mentioned, the code will probably be out before that.

diiz wrote:is that preset dial a new thing that goes in all instruments or is it something just in this one? If it's movable, I think it'd look better in the lower right corner where there's space...
I don't think it will be in the final version, just had it to access some GM sounds for testing.
raekman wrote:I don't think it will be in the final version, just had it to access some GM sounds for testing.
Oh, ok. I don't think it'd be a bad idea though, to have a preset dial for all instruments. It could be put in the top area below the fx channel dial. This way you could have multiple settings for the same instrument, like if you need a different sound in one part of the song, and another in another part (and don't need both at the same time) you could use the same instrument for them and save memory/cpu. And if you do automation on one preset, it'd only affect that preset, and not the others - this would open up many interesting possibilities... although to prevent terminology confusion, they could be called "states" or something, instead of presets...

Maybe someone who knows more coding than me could get cracking on this ;)

On topic, I think the plugin sounds great (if it's indeed used in the song you linked), it really sounds very authentic, just like an old Adlib card... it's got that characteristic sound of the percussions and everything. Can't wait to get to play with this!
diiz wrote:On topic, I think the plugin sounds great (if it's indeed used in the song you linked), it really sounds very authentic, just like an old Adlib card... it's got that characteristic sound of the percussions and everything. Can't wait to get to play with this!
That was 12 LMMS tracks with OPL2 emulators, no effects, only mixing. Using GM patches, and not entirely correct... forgot to turn on the "enable waveforms" bit after chip init, so it's all 100% sinewave :oops:

And of course it sounds authentic, it's amazing what people with too much time on their hands will do to get a correct emulation of an obsolete chip... decapsulating OPL chips to read ROM tables in a microscope? Nuts!
raekman wrote: And of course it sounds authentic, it's amazing what people with too much time on their hands will do to get a correct emulation of an obsolete chip... decapsulating OPL chips to read ROM tables in a microscope? Nuts!
That is kind of nuts... but also really freaking awesome as well...
Looks neat! :D

I can't wait :P Gimmie gimmie :lol: