Should Be Simple- Copy Tracks

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Just started learning LMMS a few days ago... some success... watched a few tutorials... still alot of questions on basic stuff...

This should be simple- how do I copy a track, specifically a bassline beats track? would love it if I could just hit a copy and past somewhere, but no.

First of all, I made a beat/ bassline (we'll call it Beat/ Bassline 1)- it has drums and bass. I want to copy it because I want another version of the exact same drum beat with no bass- the song is going to start with just the drums, a couple measures in, the bass comes in, pretty straight-forward.

I go into Song Editor, there's nowhere I can just click a copy and paste or drag... I think I did a copy and paste on the blue block and it set up a new Bassline, but didn't actually copy any notes. In that tool icon, you can "clone" a track. I did that, and it set up what I wanted, a copy of that track. Perfect. Now I'll I need to do is go into that track and just delete the bass track on one of them and I'm good. Why is it called "cloning" a track? Whatever it is, it seems to stay connected to the original track because when I deleted the bass track in one, it basically just disappeared from the other one! By "cloning" are these tracks supposed to stay identical? Why would someone want to do that?

Anyway, have you ever tried to do a Ctrl-Z or Edit- Undo? Doesn't work. So, when that bass track disappeared, it was gone. Yes, I should have saved. I had to reenter it in.

I mean I'm liking LMMS, like the sounds and the options, but just getting frustrated with stuff that would seem to be really simple.
Sorry, folks, I meant to post this in trouble-shooting.