I wish Vestige hadn't worked! -warning

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This is odd, because the problem seems to be specific to you. There are others even using 64-bit windows builds who are not experiencing the same issue. It's very hard to track down what is causing this when no one has been able to reproduce the issue so far.

Can you do something for me: uninstall LMMS completely, get rid of the entire LMMS installation, the settings file, everything. Then try to re-install the new LMMS 0.9 build, 32-bit version just to be sure.

Then try something: play the VST instrument first with the regular computer keyboard, then try playing with the mouse the virtual keyboard in the instrument window itself, then try your MIDI keyboard. Is the issue the same way accross all these input methods?
I do not hold out much hope for this. I have already tried this procedure with the previous versions both with 64bit and 32bit versions (64bit windows remains the unchangeable factor). However as you ask nicely I will give it another go using this version, thanks.
I will report back when I have tried it.

I have two midi keyboards, same issue with both FWIW.
Working! I think.

Fresh install Report
Deleted all associated files:

Reinstall.
Result = 64bit version seems to be working currently without the weird pitch bending issue with VSTs. Haven't had time to test fully for stability but working happily on several VSTs at same time. using mod wheel works as expected. What has changed? who knows!
32bit version crashes but not a problem.
Had to delete associated files to get it working without pitch bend issues on either 64 or 32bit.

Earlier initial results (without deleting associated set up files in user file: not lmms file) :
uninstall LMMS 32bit only:
Crashes immediately when applying downwards modulation on mod wheel. Pitch is right until you accidently tap the mod wheel. This happens on both keyboards.

Initial test 2, uninstall 64bit LMMS only (without deleting associated set up files in user file, not in LMMS file):
64bit version does not have problem as above. However when touching mod wheel immediately snaps back into incorrect pitch. You have to delete all the personal set up files that the uninstall fails to offer to delete.

Conclusion
It seems to work now, just needs all associated files to be deleted. 64 bit version seems more stable, as it has been for me previously, even with 32bit VSTs.