Name of a VST that causes lmms to stop loading projects

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
We have a few VST instruments on the nogo list, they looses the user-settings, and reverts to 'program one', so they are useless for that reason, but another fail behaviour is the 'freeze at project-loading'
I am getting 'closer' to understand this fail, but i need more tests dlls.

Do you have a VST INSTRUMENT that simply freeze lmms every time you try to open a project?
OBS:
"DSK..x..y..z" is not interesting for me in this context. They fail for a completely different reason, so do not mention any DSK-dlls

Also NOT interested in:
* Anything from Image-line
* Kontakt
* commercial available only dlls (eg demos of ANY kind)

tyia.
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:30 pm
We have a few VST instruments on the nogo list, they looses the user-settings, and reverts to 'program one', so they are useless for that reason, but another fail behaviour is the 'freeze at project-loading'
I am getting 'closer' to understand this fail, but i need more tests dlls.

Do you have a VST INSTRUMENT that simply freeze lmms every time you try to open a project?
OBS:
"DSK..x..y..z" is not interesting for me in this context. They fail for a completely different reason, so do not mention any DSK-dlls

tyia.
Kontakt

Also it is worth noting that a few on the no-go list only revert back to program one while they are demos, but run perfectly well in their full versions. Massive is one of those that does the program-one thing as a demo but runs perfectly fine in the full version.
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm
Kontakt
:P you got between me and the added comment i guess
Kontakt is 'too special', and as far as i understand, it is also only available as demo?

Massive is one of those that does the program-one thing as a demo but runs perfectly fine in the full version.
Interesting! But thats also why exclude all demos from this

I actually dont expect it to be easy to find instruments that freeze lmms, effects, thats a different story, sadly.
musikbear wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:27 pm
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:41 pm
Kontakt
:P you got between me and the added comment i guess
Kontakt is 'too special', and as far as i understand, it is also only available as demo?

Massive is one of those that does the program-one thing as a demo but runs perfectly fine in the full version.
Interesting! But thats also why exclude all demos from this

I actually dont expect it to be easy to find instruments that freeze lmms, effects, thats a different story, sadly.
My relationship with Kontakt is... interesting. I got a version that is kinda a pseudo-full version bundled into a NI package along with massive that had a bunch of Kontakt instruments included. Basically, it's not a full Kontakt patch, but it's not the demo. It only lets me run what instruments I own through it.
A few time ago, I had noticed the plugins that were problematic on my pc:

1. R-Peg (Angular Momentum) > crash
2. SoftAmp 3OD 1.0.6 64bits (AXP) > display issue
3. BeatBurner 1.2 32bits (Code Audio) > detected as Trojan
4. Driv32 (Code Audio) > my notes do not specify the problem
5. Crusher (Dblue) > absence of control panel
6. Stretch (Dblue) > absence of control panel
7. TapeStop (Dblue) > absence of control panel
8. subatomic 32 bits (de la Mancha) > crackling on the right channel
9. Dexed 0.8.0 32bits (Digital Suburban) > crash once (I have not tried a second time)
10. Dexed 0.8.0 64bits (Digital Suburban) > crash twice (I have not tried a third time)
11. DrumKit 1 32bits (EFM) > crash twice (I have not tried a third time)
12. GsinthG 64 bits (GVST) > no sound
13. TimeVerb 32 bits (GSI) > detected as menace
14. OrchHitFree 1.0 32bits (Softrave) > detected as menace
15. TechnoPercussion (Softrave) > detected as menace
16. TAL-U-No-62 1.7 64bits (Togu Audio Line) > crash (CPU issue ?)
D.Ipsum wrote: A few time ago, I had noticed the plugins that were problematic on my pc:

That is a good list! But they are effects right? -except that TAL-U-No-62 could be a synth
R-peg maby too..?
I will look at those on your list, and compare to my results on RC3
Tnx!

[/quote]
Jacoby Davis wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:14 pm
My relationship with Kontakt is... interesting. I got a version that is kinda a pseudo-full version
Ahh.. oki, but still not a free VST, so it is not really a candidate.
I omit the commercial ones, because they may have some check-mechanism that is the real cause of problem, and not related to the thing i look at
"Unfortunately" None of the candidates has this hang-at loading-behaviour
So i still need another candidate for testing

TAL-U-No-62 1.7 64bits not tested as 64bit but 32, and that one works perfectly fyi (its a rather inferior synth imo, but it works in lmms)

Dexed crash if changes are made in the UI

The others are plugins, not instruments (not looking at the trojans and menace :p

Bottom line : I need a name of a hang-at loading-behaviour INSTRUMENT
Have you watched the crash reports in the forum history and on the GitHub?
Hi there.

I recently got back into learning LMMS, and I have been running into the "freeze at loading" problem with the VST "VSCO Community Edition" found here: http://vis.versilstudios.net/vsco-community.html. The one I am using is the "BIGCAT'S VSTi/AU's" .dll file version. It is a completely free small library of orchestra instruments.

I haven't done that much extensive searching so forgive me if this VST has been tested. However, I wanted to post here to see if I could help you. The VST itself works perfectly fine from my little time using it. However, whenever I try to reload a project, LMMS seems to hang up and stop loading. Afterwards, the VST is still running in task manager.

I hope this can be of use to you in your efforts to find a solution!
Pianoel wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:55 am
The one I am using is the "BIGCAT'S VSTi/AU's" .dll file version. It is a completely free small library of orchestra instruments.
Thanks a lot for your assistance! I cant however find this VST
BIG CATs site is in the form of a blog, and im not sure it is there now.
I will try and see if i can find it somewhere else :)
Besides that, since you are new here -Welcome to the forum Pianoel! Here are all our important links:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-And a few rules for Avatars, signatures, posting and using the right sub-forum :)

In case you like to introduce yourself to the rest of the community, this is the right place
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480