My first LMMS track - "Dry Fields"

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
slackatraz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 pm
BTW I just put this track on the KRK speakers. Now I can hear how mix sucks. For real, I will make it better soon.
I'm thinking of acquiring my first entry level monitoring loudspeakers, hard to choose something ...

I hope this will be better than my Logitech X-140 + Logitech S-220 (for Sub ...) :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 am
slackatraz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:51 pm
BTW I just put this track on the KRK speakers. Now I can hear how mix sucks. For real, I will make it better soon.
I'm thinking of acquiring my first entry level monitoring loudspeakers, hard to choose something ...

I hope this will be better than my Logitech X-140 + Logitech S-220 (for Sub ...) :lol:
Monitoring and audio interface makes making music really better. Without monitoring You can't hear Your music for real and how it sounds, good interface makes it better quality. I found simple KRK RP 6. Without them I'm making really shit mixes like in "Dry Fields" (mixed on headphones outside the house) xD
slackatraz wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 am
I found simple KRK RP 6. Without them I'm making really shit mixes like in "Dry Fields" (mixed on headphones outside the house) xD
Now I'm looking forward to listening to the lotus that will bloom on this shit :lol:
D.Ipsum wrote:
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:37 am
Now I'm looking forward to listening to the lotus that will bloom on this shit :lol:
Before it, You can listen second track from my upcoming EP :) I put it in new topic there: https://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26148
I made a dub mix version of this track, check it and feel free to compare with the first mix :)

https://soundcloud.com/user-777216124/d ... ds-dub-mix
I like both versions :)

In the dub version, I feel that the amplitude of the kick has increased and that the amplitude of the treble has decreased a little.

The timbre of the snares is well in both versions, you could possibly use them in a complementary way (sometimes one, sometimes the other).
D.Ipsum wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:00 am
I like both versions :)

In the dub version, I feel that the amplitude of the kick has increased and that the amplitude of the treble has decreased a little.

The timbre of the snares is well in both versions, you could possibly use them in a complementary way (sometimes one, sometimes the other).
Yeah, I put more low freq which I didn't hear on my headphones :)
In Dub version, so that I can listen to the subs, I have to increase the volume significantly (because of my 2.1) :lol:
I am absolutely loving this. I would say don't change a thing, but I feel like it would be rude (who am I to tell you to stop if you want to try to improve?). At the very least you're off to a great start!
Foggy wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:15 pm
I am absolutely loving this. I would say don't change a thing, but I feel like it would be rude (who am I to tell you to stop if you want to try to improve?). At the very least you're off to a great start!
Thank You!